Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

Ok, being relatively new to bringing the MacOS on a non Apple Device
I succeeded with attached config on a SATA3 Device (SSD and HDD tested) to run the driver 364.03.05F01 on 10.11.3. (thank you so much for that, so far :headbang:)

Here is where my question starts: Why doesnt it work with NVMe? :banghead:

Expected behavior: The internal Display of my Notebook (Z170,I7-6700K&GFX970M - Clevo P750DM) shows me something.

Actual: The display turns off.

Trouble shooting: connecting HDMI to an external Display (projector...) shows me the system works and the drivers are loaded. (like expected in attached config)

I tried profiles MacPro 3,x 6,x iMac 14,2 15,x iMac17,x with nvda_drv=1 and removed nv_disable=1 with some configs I edited the Info.plist and kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel && kextcache -system-caches (if typos, please ignore the commands were accepted by the system earlier..)

So same config (see link/attachment: https://cloud.ymy.ch/index.php/s/1hZrpwvbXFAC3xQ ) but different outcome... how come? any suggestions, i tried to read this threat till page 26 and from there on just searched for nvm... - will continue to read as i wait for your valued input. :beachball:

This section of the forum is for desktop graphics.

This section of the forum is for desktop graphics.

ok, thanks.

yeah i noticed a few pages later people being refered to notebook sections.

I've just installed El Capitan on my desktop. Everything seems all fine except the Nvidia Drivers not loading after reboot, the screen flashes on mac log in screen. OSX running 10.11.3 with latest nvidia drivers. I've tried nvda_drv=1 but that just gives no signal upon boot.

Any ideas?

I've just installed El Capitan on my desktop. Everything seems all fine except the Nvidia Drivers not loading after reboot, the screen flashes on mac log in screen. OSX running 10.11.3 with latest nvidia drivers. I've tried nvda_drv=1 but that just gives no signal upon boot.

Any ideas?

What system profile are you using?

Hi guys,

There were already questions about Clover, but I didn’t find something about my problem:

I use the Palit 750Ti graphic card in my PC, with NVIDIA Web Driver for OSX 10.11.3. There are following entries in the config.plist (SMBIOS section):

<key>BoardVersion</key>
<string>iMac14,2</string>
<key>ChassisAssetTag</key>
<string>Pro-Enclosure</string>
<key>ChassisManufacturer</key>
<string>Apple Inc.</string>
<key>ChassisType</key>
<string>06</string>
<key>Family</key>
<string>iMac</string>
<key>Manufacturer</key>
<string>Apple Inc.</string>
<key>ProductName</key>
<string>iMac14,2</string>
If I stop the boot in Boot Menu, go in Options -> SMBIOS, I see as ProductName iMac14,2. If I don’t change something and still boot the PC, the Monitor goes to sleep at the end of the boot sequence.
If I erase for example the ”2” at the end of iMac14,2, type it again and boot the PC now, the Monitor does not go to sleep at the end of the boot sequence and the graphic card works perfect.
Something runs different if I edit the entry during the boot, although the entry iMac14,2 stays the same.
Some ideas? Thanks.

I know, it is not good to talk to oneself, but may be it helps somebody – I solved the problem as I changed the Board-ID to “Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61” (Clover seems to do something about that in the background if I change the ProductName)

I know, it is not good to talk to oneself, but may be it helps somebody – I solved the problem as I changed the Board-ID to “Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61” (Clover seems to do something about that in the background if I change the ProductName)

Clover tries to auto inject the best smbios for your hardware. If you are going to put an smbios in your config, you should use a complete one. Create it using Clover Configurator.

Alright, yet another 'black screen after boot' post.

I've tried definitions MacPro3,1 and iMac14,2 same result.

nv_disable=1 boots, but is laggy and terrible as per everyone else's result

I tried rebuilding the kernel cache, adding 'npci=0x2000', 'GraphicsEnabler=Yes', '-f', and '-v'. -v isn't very useful as it all disappears when the monitor turns off to try and render the login screen. I'm very willing and able to post any and all debug info requested, and would VERY greatly appreciate any help. Thanks!

Alright, yet another 'black screen after boot' post.

I've tried definitions MacPro3,1 and iMac14,2 same result.

nv_disable=1 boots, but is laggy and terrible as per everyone else's result

I tried rebuilding the kernel cache, adding 'npci=0x2000', 'GraphicsEnabler=Yes', '-f', and '-v'. -v isn't very useful as it all disappears when the monitor turns off to try and render the login screen. I'm very willing and able to post any and all debug info requested, and would VERY greatly appreciate any help. Thanks!

I've managed to 'fix' this by disabling 'Inject Nvidia' in the clover graphics boot options. However I need to do it on every boot for now, can't figure out how to persist that change. At least I can login now!

I've managed to 'fix' this by disabling 'Inject Nvidia' in the clover graphics boot options. However I need to do it on every boot for now, can't figure out how to persist that change. At least I can login now!

Use Clover Configurator

Back