Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

I have installed the graphics card drivers without problems, but I do not notice all the performance that my graphic card can give.

I have passed a CibeBench benchmark and these are the results, I find something low to normal for a GTX 970.

View attachment 299816

I do not know if it can be because my motherboard is something old and this is a burden on the system in general.

Any suggestions to try a solution?

The specifications of my Hackintos:

MoBo: GA-X58A-UD3R
CPU: Intel Xeon X5650 @ 4.40Ghz
GPU: GTX 970
Ram: 16GB

Hmm sure looks like something's wrong since your CPU score seems about right (I think)
I have no idea what could be the issue but here's my score so you at least have something to base on.
Good luck!

Cinebench Snow.png

Hi guys,
I just managed to install High Sierra on my build 3 days ago.
Now i have the problem that I can't boot with two Monitor's.
Every time I try too boot with both Monitors I get black screen on both of them.
I've literally try all workarounds and just one give me a result.
Someone said that he had success by seeing CSM option in bios to Urefi-Only.
I tried the CSM UEFI-Only option and had same issues then set CSM Video OpRom to Do not launch
and now I boot blind to the Loginscreen with both Monitors.
The problem now is I don't see anything till the Loginscreen so I can't boot to Windows or change any bios settings.

My Specification are:
MoBo: asrock z170 Gaming k4
CPU: Intel i7 6700
GPU: GTX 1080

Sorry for the bad English guys, my native Language is German.

Hi guys,
I just managed to install High Sierra on my build 3 days ago.
Now i have the problem that I can't boot with two Monitor's.
Every time I try too boot with both Monitors I get black screen on both of them.
I've literally try all workarounds and just one give me a result.
Someone said that he had success by seeing CSM option in bios to Urefi-Only.
I tried the CSM UEFI-Only option and had same issues then set CSM Video OpRom to Do not launch
and now I boot blind to the Loginscreen with both Monitors.
The problem now is I don't see anything till the Loginscreen so I can't boot to Windows or change any bios settings.

My Specification are:
MoBo: asrock z170 Gaming k4
CPU: Intel i7 6700
GPU: GTX 1080

Sorry for the bad English guys, my native Language is German.
Dual monitors can be quite tricky. You may need to come up with a compromise, such as booting with a single monitor and turning on the other at the desktop. Things to be aware of:

in the BIOS:
- you typically want to disable internal graphics, and make PEG primary
- you typically want to disable CSM (but be aware this affects installing Windows). CSM is support for legacy hardware, and will affect which monitor is "primary". With CSM enabled, VGA will be primary (VGA -> DVI -> HDMI -> DP), and with CSM disabled, DP is primary (IIRC) (DP -> HDMI -> DVI -> VGA). note you want to avoid VGA on macOS, some report it works but you want to stick with a digital output

in the clover config:
- you want to make sure you aren't confusing clover by setting two different graphics. set inject intel and nvidia to false, get rid of any nv_disable, make sure there is no ig_platform_id, and finally set nvidia web to true
- you want to use a compatible SMBIOS, such as iMac 14,2. if you use macPro 6,* or iMac 15,* or iMac 17,* you need to add lilu.kext and nvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext

you want to keep everything up to date - clover, and any kexts in your clover EFI (and if you install any hackintosh kexts in /Library/Extensions or /System/Library/Extensions)

Hi, guys.
Monitor 3440x1440, Video "Palit GeForce GT 630 512 МБ", connection HDMI->HDMI.
Osx 10.12.2, installed drivers from here (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/) http://take.ms/FfoQT

When i use "OS X Default Graphics Driver", it gets me maximum 1080p.
When i check "Inject Nvidia Web driver" in the Clover or just in the menu bar, i get 3440x1440, 60hz as i want, but... look at this artifacts (see attachment)
I also have no able change wallpaper. Background is always black. Fonts in some programs are missing, etc...

Update:
Nvidia Web driver + any resolution = artifacts as well.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2017-12-28 в 23.40.19.png
    Снимок экрана 2017-12-28 в 23.40.19.png
    1 MB · Views: 145
  • config.plist
    6.5 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
Hi, guys.
Monitor 3440x1440, Video "Palit GeForce GT 630 512 МБ", connection HDMI->HDMI.
Osx 10.12.2, installed drivers from here (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/) http://take.ms/FfoQT

When i use "OS X Default Graphics Driver", it gets me maximum 1080p.
When i check "Inject Nvidia Web driver" in the Clover or just in the menu bar, i get 3440x1440, 60hz as i want, but... look at this artifacts (see attachment)
I also have no able change wallpaper. Background is always black. Fonts in some programs are missing, etc...

Update:
Nvidia Web driver + any resolution = artifacts as well.

Any ideas?

Resolved:
Upgraded to 10.12.6 and replace video to GTX 1050.

Hi guys,

I have built my first hackintosh and got ethernet to work and my monitor is working only in 1024x768 mode via my graphics card. Tried installing nvidia drivers via all methods described here and spent the last two days going through all the posts in this thread and trying options described here but cannot get passed this situation:
- either things work with 1024x768, or
- with nvidia drivers active it boots into 1920x1080 and reboots in 5 seconds, and this goes on and on

My config:
- Asus ROG Maximus X Hero Wi-Fi AC
- i7-8700K
- Gigabyte GeForce Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition 11G
- M2 SSD Samsung 960 Pro
- OS X 10.13.2 (17C88)

Many thanks upfront for any help/pointers!

@Wushik, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Guys, solved! Unfortunately do not have a deterministic way but this is what I did:
- out of frustration I decided to install Windows10, as I have two disks in the system I used the second empty disk
- selected the second empty disk for the windows install and left everything else at defaults
- did nit realize initially but it affected the boot order and installed windows boot loader onto my first disk as well
- after the windows install I tried to boot OS X (pressed F8 during startup, selected my first disk with OS X)
- now to my amazement everything loaded ok and OS X recognized my graphics card absolutely correctly, no more changes done!

Thanks for a great forum.

Dual monitors can be quite tricky. You may need to come up with a compromise, such as booting with a single monitor and turning on the other at the desktop. Things to be aware of:

in the BIOS:
- you typically want to disable internal graphics, and make PEG primary
- you typically want to disable CSM (but be aware this affects installing Windows). CSM is support for legacy hardware, and will affect which monitor is "primary". With CSM enabled, VGA will be primary (VGA -> DVI -> HDMI -> DP), and with CSM disabled, DP is primary (IIRC) (DP -> HDMI -> DVI -> VGA). note you want to avoid VGA on macOS, some report it works but you want to stick with a digital output

in the clover config:
- you want to make sure you aren't confusing clover by setting two different graphics. set inject intel and nvidia to false, get rid of any nv_disable, make sure there is no ig_platform_id, and finally set nvidia web to true
- you want to use a compatible SMBIOS, such as iMac 14,2. if you use macPro 6,* or iMac 15,* or iMac 17,* you need to add lilu.kext and nvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext

you want to keep everything up to date - clover, and any kexts in your clover EFI (and if you install any hackintosh kexts in /Library/Extensions or /System/Library/Extensions)

Hey Guys,
Thanks for the Effort. I've finally running both Monitors with my gtx1080.
The solution sounds carious and make no sense for me.
I just set CSM fro OpVideo to "Legacy" and all other CSM Options to "UEFI-Only" on My Asrock Z170 Gamin K4.
The first boot did take some time and both Monitors booted this time.

Thanks for the support!!

Back