Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

Every security update changes the build number. The drivers check the build number on load. Your best bet is to install the beta drivers as they do not check.

Thanks @slim.jim - I looked at the first post in this thread w/ your troubleshooting steps and I don't see any links to the beta drivers. I'll keep hunting.

I'm having the same issue after trying the methods on page 1 and the AGDPfix you mentioned. I'm running web driver 378.05.05.25f01 on 10.12.6. It crapped out after I installed today's security update, didn't think it would break the graphics driver like the minor system updates do. For the ones that don't get a fix from the mentioned methods, are we at the mercy of nvidia to update the webdriver?

Here i detailed step by step.

After install update,

Disable SIP (0x67), if you have.
Relevant user options for SIP are as follows:
csr-active-config 0x0 = SIP Enabled (Default)
csr-active-config 0x3 = SIP Partially Disabled (Loads unsigned kexts)
csr-active-config 0x67 = SIP Disabled completely
I activate (kext-dev-mode=1) in Clover Configurator, i don't know if necessary.
Follow Problem 5 of guide from @slim.jim (THx again :thumbup:)
in terminal window i have invalid signature on nvidia web kest (its ok)
I repaired permissions with Kext Wizard
I install AGDPfix 1.3 Thanks @shilohh again.
restart and everything its ok

For me, i active SIP partially (0x3) and disable (kext-dev-mode=1) restart and no problems

remember this are the steps i do, do in your way,make backup (Murphy's law).

Thx. all community:clap:

I suggest turning off auto update if you have it turned on. Wait for the driver update to be released before running the OS update.

Agreed. I didn't have auto update on, but I thought it only broke the graphics driver if it was a minor OS update (like 10.12.6 updating to 10.12.7). Didn't know smaller updates also required nvidia to update the driver builds. Anyhow, if I hadn't had an issue I wouldn't have found this very useful thread, thanks for all the links and troubleshooting methods on it!

Back