Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

I have 10.11.6 El Capitan installed on an i5-3570k Z77 Asus P8Z77-V LX2 based system, with GeForce GTX960 Nvidia on it.

It worked fine with SMBIOS 13,1 until I updated web drivers and Clover to the latest version. Now I have black screen after the white Apple logo. I've tried all the fix seen in this post, unfortunately nothing works.

Now I can boot into El Capitan using no flags about graphics, or using NvidiaWeb flag on, always having graphical bugs and a not recognized card.

If I use "nvdia_drv=1" flag, it shows black screen.

Use iMac14,2

Could someone help me. I have an MSI GTX 550ti video card that has worked flawless since I installed it on Yosemite then upgraded to El Capitan no problems but when I upgraded to siera it loads and allows me to access Remote Desktop from anoth pc but I can't get it to display anything on the tv through hdmi. I've tried using the new option in clover Boot with nvidia web drivers while this works for my other build with the GTX 960 it doesn't work for this card. I've used nvda_drv=1 bootarg still no luck I've tried injecting nvidia that doesn't work any suggestions ?

Last edited:
Not the web driver, what other kext have you installed or are injecting?
Sorry
FakeSMC.kext /AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext/AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext /realtekALC.kext

Use iMac14,2

I tried it, but it doesn't work.

Also, I don't understand why I should change my SMBIOS. It worked with 13,1 before I updated Clover and Web Drivers!

I tried it, but it doesn't work.

Also, I don't understand why I should change my SMBIOS. It worked with 13,1 before I updated Clover and Web Drivers!

Are you using any adapters?

Last edited:
Sorry
FakeSMC.kext /AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext/AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext /realtekALC.kext
there some problem in the installed kext because you will not start the computer?

What kind of adapters are you talking about?

hello!
there any chance for my video card or do not hope!

hello!
there any chance for my video card or do not hope!

I had a MSI GTX950 with a VGA screen with DVI to VGA adapter. It has the solution to use a HDMI to VGA adapter and everything works perfectly!

Back