Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

Please I need Help here with a Asus Gtx 760 oc 2gb .

I bought a a new card for my machine Asus Gtx 760 oc 2gb.
My old card is a Asus 9500 GT, i work with both graphics onboard and a PCI-e
But now i can't put to work gtx 760, no scream connection on any output of the card, screen goes black
In the os it show in everywhere
By the way this is my machine *asus z97 pro wifi,i7 4790k; 16gb ram; gtx 760 oc; samsung evo 850, OS X 10.11.6 (15G1004) and Clover vers.3786

attach file contains: ioregis, config.plist, ssdt & dsdt , cuda-z saves and pics

Attachments

• Asus Gtx 760 2gb.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 86
  • Screen Shot 2016-10-04 at 13.38.09.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-04 at 13.38.09.png
    137.6 KB · Views: 128
  • Screen Shot 2016-10-04 at 13.38.48.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-04 at 13.38.48.png
    303.3 KB · Views: 141
Update: OK so it seems as though the system is treating it as if I have 2 monitors instead of just the one. Is this a Clover issue?
Update 2: I rolled back Clover to rev3320. Now the USB and the HD are on the same version but when I boot from the HD I still end up in dual screen mode (again, I only have 1 monitor but it thinks I have 2). If I boot from the USB into Clover and launch the HD's El Capitan it works properly (single monitor mode).

Update 2: I rolled back Clover to rev3320. Now the USB and the HD are on the same version but when I boot from the HD I still end up in dual screen mode (again, I only have 1 monitor but it thinks I have 2). If I boot from the USB into Clover and launch the HD's El Capitan it works properly (single monitor mode).

Compare the config.plist. I'm guessing you have Fix_Display set to true on the HD.

Compare the config.plist. I'm guessing you have Fix_Display set to true on the HD.
The config.plist did not have Fix_Display enabled. I upgraded Clover back to the current version and it now works. I have no idea what was fixed. My main issue is that I have a legacy system and I'm never quite sure which config.plist is actually being used. I confuse the one located in the EFI volume's root with the one in the Clover directory. Thanks for the help though.

The config.plist did not have Fix_Display enabled. I upgraded Clover back to the current version and it now works. I have no idea what was fixed. My main issue is that I have a legacy system and I'm never quite sure which config.plist is actually being used. I confuse the one located in the EFI volume's root with the one in the Clover directory. Thanks for the help though.

On a legacy system you should still install Clover to the EFI partition.

You know - I'm not sure if this is a cure for the "sleeping monitors" issue - but have you all tried to screen share with the machine that's showing a black screen after boot?

I've checked that in the past, and they're there. That might be helpful for when you need to mount and edit on /EFI/CLOVER

You know - I'm not sure if this is a cure for the "sleeping monitors" issue - but have you all tried to screen share with the machine that's showing a black screen after boot?

I've checked that in the past, and they're there. That might be helpful for when you need to mount and edit on /EFI/CLOVER

Use it all the time using my iPhone.

Having issues on a Sierra machine (sysdef iMac 14,2) with a GTX 950. No matter what I try to do I can't get HDMI out to work, but DVI works perfectly. I've tried disconnecting DVI and only running HDMI, and it black screens after it does the driver/screen refresh in the boot sequence.

Drivers are 10.05.f01.

Any ideas?
Thanks!

Having issues on a Sierra machine (sysdef iMac 14,2) with a GTX 950. No matter what I try to do I can't get HDMI out to work, but DVI works perfectly. I've tried disconnecting DVI and only running HDMI, and it black screens after it does the driver/screen refresh in the boot sequence.

Drivers are 10.05.f01.

Any ideas?
Thanks!

Curious what brand of card, and I see in your signature that you used to have a GTX 460? Did you remember to set Inject/Nvidia to False when using the GTX 950?

Curious what brand of card, and I see in your signature that you used to have a GTX 460? Did you remember to set Inject/Nvidia to False when using the GTX 950?

It's an EVGA GTX 950 I nabbed for $99.99 a couple days ago on the Egg. I know my driver is good because I have full acceleration on my DVI output. I did a fresh install of OS X for this upgrade.

Back