Contribute
Register

[Solved] USB HDDs not showing up in Finder or Disk Utility (High Sierra)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD7-TH
CPU
E3 1241 v3
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I have tried 2 USB HDDs with the High Sierra update. Neither show up. Both formatted in HFS+ format.

Some of the posts i have read state that I need to convert it to apples new format with Disk Utilities. The only problem is, is that when I click on "Show All", all that shows is "Internal". No eternal drives in Disk Utility or Finder.

I know both drives work, because I have booted into a Sierra backup from clover from one of the drives. I have also tried the second one on a Mac Mini that I have and it works fine. It appears that the USBs are working correctly because my ILOK seems to be seen while connected to different USBs on the system.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Chuchutta

Last edited:
I have tried 2 USB HDDs with the High Sierra update. Neither show up. Both formatted in HFS+ format.

Some of the posts i have read state that I need to convert it to apples new format with Disk Utilities. The only problem is, is that when I click on "Show All", all that shows is "Internal". No eternal drives in Disk Utility or Finder.

I know both drives work, because I have booted into a Sierra backup from clover from one of the drives. I have also tried the second one on a Mac Mini that I have and it works fine. It appears that the USBs are working correctly because my ILOK seems to be seen while connected to different USBs on the system.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Chuchutta

I have found what appears to fix this issue!

Check this out. #143
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/macos-10-13-4-update.248292/page-15#post-1718402

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back