Contribute
Register

[Solved] Problems After Re-Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
"If I attempt to boot into Sierra regularly, it boots half way then my display goes black and my monitor no longer has a signal. My computer remains on but there is nothing coming through the display and my monitor goes into sleep mode."

Is this still exactly what is happening? Did you select "File Save" in Clover Configurator after doing whatever you had to do to your config.plist? If you just close it, your changes will not be saved.

Also... I am running Mac OS 10.12.2 (16C67) which requires nVidia Web Driver version 367.15.10.25f01. If I go to the App Store it tells me there are no updates available. What is 16C68?
16C68 is the most up to date version of Sierra and there are new nvidia web drivers that were released 12/15/2016 (version 367.15.10.25f02) as far as I know at least. That is what is the newest most recommended drivers to use from my understanding. Yes I saved the clover configurator but even if I hadn't it probably wouldn't have mattered since everything you discussed other than the EmuVariableUefi-64.efi file not being there. Nvidia web was checked under system preferences and system definition was 14,2. I even used the magic wand to relect the 14,2 configuration to be sure but that still didn't work. And yes what I described before is STILL happening. After the clover boot loading screen when I select my Sierra boot option the loading bar under the Apple logo gets to half way and then goes black and my monitor no longer gets a signal. My computer remains on but not like it's at the sign in screen without any signal. I have tried entering my password and doing keyboard shortcuts but they never work. Basically, I have no idea why it is doing this.

Weird; as I wrote above, today's Apple App Store shows "No Updates" for my computer. Nothing beyond 16C67.

You might want to read Shilohh's thread on your problem. At the bottom of his original post in this thread you will see two attachments. Grab the "AGDPfix.v1.3.zip" file. (The link on this post will not work.) If you know how to disable your System Integrity Protection (SIP), do that in Clover Configurator by changing the RT Variable "CSRActiveConfig" from whatever it is (probably "3") to "67" and save the file. Then Shilohh's app should run, unless SIP is still enabled. If it is, the app will tell you. If "67" didn't disable SIP, try "77" or just give up. Beyond that I have no idea what to do.

Last edited:
Update, finally got it to work. And here's how I fixed it, you won't believe it, I still don't: I switched to using HDMI instead of DisplayPort...:banghead: Then, I unplugged the HDMI and switched back to DisplayPort.... Still worked. Rebooted and it worked! After spending around 3 days trying to get this to work only to solve it with something as dumb as this... Thank you all for your help and sorry if I wasted your time. It still bugs me why it was doing this in the first place. Could it just be a faulty graphics card? The GTX 970 I bought was certified refurbished so maybe it is slightly defective... If you guys have any ideas on this I'd be interested to read them. Once again, thanks to everyone who attempted to help me, I truly appreciate it.

Just had that issue again when installing some commands to get my audio working. It seems to me whenever I instal anything that has to do with Nvidia or my graphics card it does the black screen thing again and all I have to do is connect with HDMI and reboot then switch back to DisplayPort. Really strange issue but at least I know how to solve it now.

Weird; as I wrote above, today's Apple App Store shows "No Updates" for my computer. Nothing beyond 16C67.

You might want to read Shilohh's thread on your problem. At the bottom of his original post in this thread you will see two attachments. Grab the "AGDPfix.v1.3.zip" file. (The link on this post will not work.) If you know how to disable your System Integrity Protection (SIP), do that in Clover Configurator by changing the RT Variable "CSRActiveConfig" from whatever it is (probably "3") to "67" and save the file. Then Shilohh's app should run, unless SIP is still enabled. If it is, the app will tell you. If "67" didn't disable SIP, try "77" or just give up. Beyond that I have no idea what to do.

Thanks for the hint ... method works 100%

Tried all ways before. I'm on GA-Z170X-UD3 with Gigabyte GTX 970 via HDMI Sierra 10.12.3 ... everything works now

Just thought I'd post another update to my issue. I returned my graphics card and replaced it with another GTX 970 just in case it was a graphics card issue. Since then I have had no issues what so ever. I'm guessing I must have had a slightly faulty card but who knows.

Ok. Another story here ... I had some issues with my iMessage and Appstore so i did a fresh install of my complete OS. Exactly the same setup as before and the graphics worked without issues - no AGDPfix needed ... strange ...

Ok. Another story here ... I had some issues with my iMessage and Appstore so i did a fresh install of my complete OS. Exactly the same setup as before and the graphics worked without issues - no AGDPfix needed ... strange ...
Hmm, that's strange. Maybe you did something slightly different the first time causing it to go bad? Either way glad it's working for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back