Contribute
Register

[Solved] Problems After Re-Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
You definitely need to have the EmuVariableUefi-64.efi file in your drivers64UEFI folder in the CLOVER folder of your EFI folder of your EFI partition. If it isn't there, get it from the "Install Drivers" menu at left of Clover Configurator. Mount your EFI partition using EFI Mounter V3, then in the upper RH corner of the CC window select "EFI" (not "null") and select the EMUVariableUefi-64 box (i.e. make sure or turn it to shaded).

Also while in Clover Configurator with your EFI partition mounted, make sure that the SMBIOS window does in fact show iMac 14,2 as your system choice. If you see iMac 17,1 your monitor will sleep as soon as you boot, unless you have run Shilohh's AGDP fix. And if you are booting into Mac OS 10.12.2, even that might not work. Also in the "System Parameters" window, make sure the "NvidiaWeb" box is checked.

If all the above is verified, come back here again and let us know your status.

You definitely need to have the EmuVariableUefi-64.efi file in your drivers64UEFI folder in the CLOVER folder of your EFI folder of your EFI partition. If it isn't there, get it from the "Install Drivers" menu at left of Clover Configurator. Mount your EFI partition using EFI Mounter V3, then in the upper RH corner of the CC window select "EFI" (not "null") and select the EMUVariableUefi-64 box (i.e. make sure or turn it to shaded).

Also while in Clover Configurator with your EFI partition mounted, make sure that the SMBIOS window does in fact show iMac 14,2 as your system choice. If you see iMac 17,1 your monitor will sleep as soon as you boot, unless you have run Shilohh's AGDP fix. And if you are booting into Mac OS 10.12.2, even that might not work. Also in the "System Parameters" window, make sure the "NvidiaWeb" box is checked.

If all the above is verified, come back here again and let us know your status.
Sounds good, thanks for the help. I will try this and post my results.

Ok so I am currently editing what you said with the configurator but when I go to save it it wants to export the config file. I've never had this come up before when using it. What do I do to properly save it?

I would check the BIOS and turn off your integrated graphics and make sure boot up display is set to PCI-E 1. Also see if CSM is enabled ... I have seen it cause problems when disabled. Also, check the web drivers you downloaded and make sure the System Version matches exactly against your config (not just 10.12.2 but also the 7 character build identifier).

I would check the BIOS and turn off your integrated graphics and make sure boot up display is set to PCI-E 1. Also see if CSM is enabled ... I have seen it cause problems when disabled. Also, check the web drivers you downloaded and make sure the System Version matches exactly against your config (not just 10.12.2 but also the 7 character build identifier).
I can't change CSM because it only becomes available if I select windows 8/10 under windows 8/10 features instead of other os. Where do I go to check the 7 character identifier? I checked my bios and my boot display is set to PCI-E 1. Tried disabling internal graphics but that did not work either.

I can't change CSM because it only becomes available if I select windows 8/10 under windows 8/10 features instead of other os. Where do I go to check the 7 character identifier? I checked my bios and my boot display is set to PCI-E 1. Tried disabling internal graphics but that did not work either.
About this Mac, System Report, Software, System Version.

"If I attempt to boot into Sierra regularly, it boots half way then my display goes black and my monitor no longer has a signal. My computer remains on but there is nothing coming through the display and my monitor goes into sleep mode."

Is this still exactly what is happening? Did you select "File Save" in Clover Configurator after doing whatever you had to do to your config.plist? If you just close it, your changes will not be saved.

Also... I am running Mac OS 10.12.2 (16C67) which requires nVidia Web Driver version 367.15.10.25f01. If I go to the App Store it tells me there are no updates available. What is 16C68?

Also... are you sure you are running the latest AMI UEFI/BIOS firmware? For my motherboard (GA-H170N-WIFI) it has been recently updated from F4 to F20, which solved quite a few problems for me. (Maybe not relevant to your issue at all.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back