Contribute
Register

[Solved] MACH Reboot Error -- Gigabyte GA-Z270X-Gaming 7 -- High Sierra 10.13.4 Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try harder :
I tried HARDEST.

I did a custom install of Clover with AptioMemoryFix.efi, failed to boot past ++++++++++++

I snagged the AptioMemoryFix.efi and added that to the drivers64UEFI folder on an otherwise unmodified UniBeast 8.3.1-built USB drive, and had the same identical "MACH Reboot" error.

After trying out a couple more variations, I don't think it's OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi that's messing this system up.

I'm fresh out of ideas!

Hackintosh High Sierra Install Reboot Count: 103

Thanks so much for taking the time to help me out, @P1LGRIM!

The learning curve is steep every time I start a new build on new hardware, but I learn so much, and it's the help of people like you that make it so rewarding to participate!

Good thinking, @canyondust!

...I tried installing the GTX 1060 on the motherboard and booting with igfx disabled at BIOS. Tried a few other BIOS tweaks, including resetting to optimized defaults. Tried various Nvidia techniques. Still no dice. MACH Reboot. Every time.

I'm beginning to feel like there's something wrong with me for keeping this up... but I see others with the same board and processor and [SUCCESS!] posts and that keeps me going...

Hackintosh High Sierra Install Reboot Count: 110

Good thinking, @canyondust!

...I tried installing the GTX 1060 on the motherboard and booting with igfx disabled at BIOS. Tried a few other BIOS tweaks, including resetting to optimized defaults. Tried various Nvidia techniques. Still no dice. MACH Reboot. Every time.

I'm beginning to feel like there's something wrong with me for keeping this up... but I see others with the same board and processor and [SUCCESS!] posts and that keeps me going...

Hackintosh High Sierra Install Reboot Count: 110

Do you have any of the USB2.0 ports on the MB headers hooked up to your case? Try those for the install, if not, try the USB 3.1 gen2 connector (red) on the back. (maybe your USB3 ports aren't getting addressed properly)

screen2.jpg

Well, I did manage to fially boot to the 10.12.2 Sierra installer using a modified version of the 7.1.1 Unibeast thumbdrive. That, along with zero "[Success] GA-Z270X-Gaming 7" posts mentioning anything about using a port on the 2.0 header, makes me think it's a non-issue. I could be wrong though.

I did successfully install Sierra and upgrade to 10.12.6. The only hitch was, the only install drive it would recognize was the second partition on the USB thumb drive! Talk about sloooooow. I tried getting Sierra and the Sierra installer to recognize the SSD from my previous Sierra build, and also tried a freshly formatted GUID JHPFS+ HDD (both on SATA). While clover could see them as boot options, neither was recognized by the Sierra installer, and neither would boot. One good thing coming out of this detour was identifying iMac17,1 as a working profile.

Sierra has its own issues that I'm not interested in tackling right now. Boy was it nice to see that home screen though!

@canyondust : The red 3.1 doesn't work to boot from, and I have no immediate easy way to hook up the 2.0 headers in any case - it's a different, smaller socket.

Hackintosh High Sierra Install Reboot Count: 133

Attachments

• EFI-Boots_to_Sierra_installer--noSSD_noHDD.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 88
  • EFI-NoBoot--UniBeast_8.3.2_[modified]_MACH_Reboot_Error.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Are you able to see the sata drives in the Sierra Installer Disk Utility?
I was not. This got me thinking...

After poking around in the BIOS, this is what works:

Change

Code:
Peripherals>SATA And RST Configuration>Intel RST Premium With Intel Optane System Acceleration

To:

Code:
Peripherals>SATA And RST Configuration>AHCI

screen3.jpg

And no more MACH Reboot error!!! Also, In the Sierra installer, it's now possible to select either the SSD or HDD and install 10.12.2, then update to 10.12.6 (The security update 2 breaks something though)

Thanks to @P1LGRIM and @canyondust and @RehabMan for the support!

Now I have a bootloop error in the High Sierra installer. So it goes... I will update this thread with a link to new thread if I need further support.

Hackintosh High Sierra Install Reboot Count: 158

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back