Contribute
Register

[Solved] MACH Reboot Error -- Gigabyte GA-Z270X-Gaming 7 -- High Sierra 10.13.4 Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z270X-Gaming 7
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
[Update]

After poking around in the BIOS, this is what worked for me:

Change

Code:
Peripherals>SATA And RST Configuration>Intel RST Premium With Intel Optane System Acceleration

To:

Code:
Peripherals>SATA And RST Configuration>AHCI

Thanks to @RehabMan @P1LGRIM and @canyondust for the continued support!

[Update 2]
After further troubleshooting, I determined that even having the Optane plugged in will mess up High Sierra (While Sierra installs fine with it installed in the motherboard, but deactivated in BIOS).

After removing the Optane Memory unit from my motherboard's M.2 slot, I was able to boot into the High Sierra installer and install on the NVMe drive. Success!!

[Original Post]

Currently experiencing MACH Reboot error during installation. I have been at this for four days, read through and tried many solutions including dropping DMAR and MATS, and deleting FakeSMC.kext (I have since done a complete wipe of my USB install drive and upgraded to latest UniBeast).

Here's my build:
  • Gigabyte GA-Z270X-Gaming 7 (Updated to F9e BIOS dated 3-9-2018)
  • Intel i7-7700k (Running stock clock for now)
  • 16 GB RAM -- (XPG DDR4 2400 8GB x2)
  • GeForce GTX 1060 3G OCV1 (not installed yet)
  • PNY 480 GB SSD (SATA)
  • Samsung GB 960 Evo 500GB NVME (M.2 PCIE x4)
  • Intel Optane 32GB (M.2 PCIE x2)

BIOS Settings:
  • M.I.T. > Advanced Memory Settings:
    • Extreme Memory Profile(X.M.P.) - Profile1
  • BIOS:
    • Windows 8/10 Features - "Other OS"
    • Storage Boot Option Control - UEFI
  • Peripherals:
    • Initial Display Output - IGFX
  • Peripherals > USB Configuration
    • XHCI Hand-off - Enabled
  • Chipset
    • VT-d - Disabled
Installer:
  • UniBeast 8.3.1 [USB, High Sierra, UEFI Boot Disk]
Things I have tried which didn't work:
  • UniBeast 8.2 (installer wouldn't boot)
    • Delete the file .IAPhysicalMedia (hidden file) on USB
      • [worked, but this bug was fixed in UniBeast 8.3.1]
      • Same MACH Reboot error
  • EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI
    • EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
  • EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
    • NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
  • EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
    • Lilu.kext
    • IntelGraphicsFixup.kext
  • EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI
    • EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
  • EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
    • Shiki.kext

Thanks in advance for any help, I have been building hackintosh since Leopard, and I've built x86 hackintosh systems on Mavericks, El Capitan and Sierra just by lurking on the forums here! Shoutouts to the mods and admins who do a fantastic job maintaining this site and supporting us users :)

[EDIT:] I deleted the EFI files originally attached, I'm no longer using it.

Last edited:
Your config.plist is corrupt which is the same as having no config.plist at all :
Code:
/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist: Encountered unexpected character  on line 145 while looking for open tag

This typically happens when you edit the file with a text editor as the invisible formatting characters which are meaningless in xml are added.

Try this fixed version :

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.5 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:
I opened in Atom and sure enough, that was some nastiness! Thanks for catching that. Note to self - TextEdit is a crappy code editor o_O

The Atom code editor software is functional, good looking, and free: https://atom.io/ This is what I'm using now for manual edits of config.plist

I tried the config.plist you kindly sanitized for me, and unfortunately I got the same result: "Attempting system restart...MACH reboot"

[UPDATE]

I deleted the file included with original post, I'm back to using the base system provided by UniBeast, one tweak at a time.

I'm still trying things, but nothing seems to work yet...

Hackintosh High Sierra Install Reboot Count: 46

Last edited:
Other things I've tried (ALL with same MACH reboot error):
  • I've deleted and re-downloaded the macOS High Sierra Installer app from my hard drive.
    • Also deleted El Capitan and Sierra installers for good measure
    • Went back to "vanilla" UniBeast config.plist, only adding -v verbose flag
  • I've tried changing the SIP to Disabled ( 0x67 )
  • I've tried deleting all kexts except FakeSMC.kext (Then tried deleting that,too)
  • I've tried deleting all numbered folders from EFI/CLOVER/kexts
  • Switched RAM from sockets 1&2 to sockets 3&4
  • Uninstalled Optane unit
  • Uninstalled NVMe SSD
  • Tried a 8GB USB 2.0 drive
Hackintosh High Sierra Install Reboot Count: 71

Last edited:
Other things I've tried (ALL with same MACH reboot error):
You should try a different OsxAptioFixDrv.
If you have OsxAptioFix2Drv try with OsxAptioFix3Drv instead.

If you have OsxAptioFix2Drv try with OsxAptioFix3Drv instead.

I found a copy of OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi, same result.

I tried the latest build of @RehabMan Clover (includes latest build), same result.

Found and tried original OsxAptioFixDrv.efi for kicks. It was nice to see a different kernal panic for once!

I've been reading threads referencing AptioMemoryFix.efi but I can't find a download for that anywhere online.

Hackintosh High Sierra Install Reboot Count: 92

Thanks! I read that @RehabMan was including it on the build notes for the latest couple versions.

I downloaded Clover_v2.4k_r4423.RM-4614.cf0897a3.zip, unzipped it, and used the .pkg installer on my USB drive, but didn't see AptioMemoryFix.efi anywhere after that. When I tried booting from the fresh Clover install, it would hang at ++++++++++++

Hackintosh High Sierra Install Reboot Count: 97

Thanks! I read that @RehabMan was including it on the build notes for the latest couple versions.

I downloaded Clover_v2.4k_r4423.RM-4614.cf0897a3.zip, unzipped it, and used the .pkg installer on my USB drive, but didn't see AptioMemoryFix.efi anywhere after that. When I tried booting from the fresh Clover install, it would hang at ++++++++++++
For the row of plus signs you could try replacing VBoxHfs-64.efi with HFSPlus.efi in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/

I downloaded Clover_v2.4k_r4423.RM-4614.cf0897a3.zip, unzipped it, and used the .pkg installer on my USB drive, but didn't see AptioMemoryFix.efi anywhere after that.
Try harder :

Drivers.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back