Contribute
Register

[Solved] 10.15.1, updated kexts, pastrychef-verified EFI, 5700XT freezes in OS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess what doesn't make sense to me about his posts is that he said he was able to update to 10.15.1, but he wouldn't have had the updated whatevergreen.kext - is that possible? Maybe I'm not reading what he's saying correctly.

Okay, so I updated the kexts from the known-good EFI we were working on before switching to opencore. I'm still getting a black screen, not hanging at the apple logo like with our EFI. Basic differences in his kexts:

HibernationFixup - 1.2.8
VoodooPS2Controller - 2.0.2?
And this - IntelMausiEthernet 2.5.0d.kext - the one we have has no version number in the filename.

I'm seeing significantly more activity from the flash drive with his version too.

I replaced his version of these files:

AppleALC
All the FakeSMC files
IntelMausiEthernet
Lilu
USBInjectAll
WhateverGreen

Those other kexts shouldn't make any difference.

So... Even with an EFI that's been tested with 5700 doesn't work for you...

Oh, I forgot to mention, he's *not* running any of the brcm kexts.

What Brcm kexts?

Exactly. These Brcm kexts are in his kexts/disabled folder:

AirportBrcmFixup.kext - 2.0.2 vs the 2.0.3 in ours
BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext - 2.2.10 vs 2.2.12 in ours
BrcmFirmwareData.kext - 2.2.10 vs 2.2.12 in ours
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext - 2.2.10 vs 2.2.12 in ours

Oh, I forgot to mention, he's *not* running any of the brcm kexts.

Hit the space bar at clover boot screen and select boot without injected Kexts. Select Whatevergreenkext and test.

Exactly. These Brcm kexts are in his kexts/disabled folder:

AirportBrcmFixup.kext - 2.0.2 vs the 2.0.3 in ours
BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext - 2.2.10 vs 2.2.12 in ours
BrcmFirmwareData.kext - 2.2.10 vs 2.2.12 in ours
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext - 2.2.10 vs 2.2.12 in ours

Those shouldn't matter.

Okay, I've been in for longer now. I rebooted with the same settings - clover, spacebar, block kexts, whatevergreen, boot with selected options. Hackintool doesn't see whatevergreen as expected. It does keep locking up though. Seems like whatevergreen has a job to do, but is somehow not compatible with my system? Idk.

Okay, I've been in for longer now. I rebooted with the same settings - clover, spacebar, block kexts, whatevergreen, boot with selected options. Hackintool doesn't see whatevergreen as expected. It does keep locking up though. Seems like whatevergreen has a job to do, but is somehow not compatible with my system? Idk.

Try using Hackintool to build the latest version and see if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back