Contribute
Register

Skylake GA-Z170x ud5 th issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey neliuz,
I´m just curious if the adapter have been delivered and if you have been able to test it now. Could you please give a quick update.

thx

danny

Hy Guys,
I have nearly the same configuration of wonderfilm:
gigabyte z170x ud5 th
i6700k
32gb ram
evga GTX970 4gb

Installation went fine, system boots, installed latest nvidia drivers, but... No gtx970. It only goes with OSX nvidia drivers. No way to make the 970 work with his drivers.
I tried clover way with confi.plist with nvda_... =1.
Nothing.
My card is connected via hdmi. When PC starts fans go. When OSx is loaded fans aren't going.
Sytem info at graphics just says: "Display 5mb".
Please help!
Thanks

I have the same problem; I've tried all 3 Methods listed here under Problem 4, including AGDPfix. No matter what I try the monitor goes to sleep during startup. I'm using iMac 17,1 and DVI.

Hey, finally it arrived! Testing it now! Had to install windows drivers for thunderbolt, and run the thunderbolt application as well in order to make it work on windows! So the adapter works just fine now. Looking at thunderbolt System Report: no thunderbolt device. But the device works. I am using it for my Thunderbolt Display, but i dont know how to output my NVIDIA GTX980 to work with the intel hd 530. Does anyone have a solution for that? In windows i can use the intel HD 530 and Nvidia to output to several monitors, But i dont know how to do it on my hackintosh... any idea how to make it work ?

It looks like i dont have sound or the camera working on the Thunderbolt Display. It does work in windows 10 thought... Any ideas on that as well maby ?

Last edited:
hey neliuz,
thx much for the info.

according to your problem, might be a TB-protocol in bios-setting, did you make any changes to it? under normal circumstances TB should have the legacy-settings for mac os while using a different under windows.

just guessing.

danny

Hi all. I'm just wondering if there's been a clear decision on whether Thunderbolt devices work over the Thunderbolt 3 connector under OSX?

In 10.11.5 after updating mobo bios to latest, windows 10 thunderbolt 3 driver to latest and thunderbolt firmare update from gigabyte, I got thunderbolt working in windows - I bought the Startech
TBT3TBTADAP and have G-Raid Thunderbolt 2 raid drives working in OSX now, but no hot swapping- have to have drive connected at boot. Getting an occasional drive disconnected message (maybe once a day) that seems to have more to do with El Capitan, than the Thunderbolt card based on the apple forums being filled with people with genuine mac pros and imacs that are tearing their hair out with thunderbolt drives ejecting randomly. Hopefully this will be fixed in an upcoming version of OSX. Definitely usable for now- getting the correct speed out of the drives, editing in Premiere with 4k footage at times without a hitch.

Here's the file:
I have the same motherboard and got everything working except audio. I greatly appreciate if you can walk me through steps using files from your bundled zip to get the audio working. Thanks in advance!!

I have the same motherboard and got everything working except audio. I greatly appreciate if you can walk me through steps using files from your bundled zip to get the audio working. Thanks in advance!!

Finally I resolved my audio using :

- multibeast "Drivers > Audio > Realtek > 100 series audio"
- then I did the step 2 of this guide :
"Download the latest version of AppleALC from the GitHub Releases page. Mount your EFI partition, and copy it to Clover/kexts/$OS_VERSION or Clover/kexts/Other."
- download the file named 1.0.13.RELEASE.zip
- Paste it in kext folder on EFI partition in other and in 10.11

And it's OK

Which version of 10.11 are you on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back