Contribute
Register

Skylake GA-Z170x ud5 th issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any chanse of getting an apple thunderbolt display work with this mobo ?
Is thunderbolt 1 any different from thunderbolt 3 connector on the mobo ?

Great guides! I have this setup:

Skylake GA-Z170x UD5 TH
i7 6700K 4gHz
16Gb Crucial Ballistix Elite
Samsung EVO 850 250Gb

It will work.

I've decided to give this a try, having never built a Mackintosh before.

My old Mac Pro is beginning to act up. Difficulty in booting off of other devices, and ethernet becoming flaky, requiring an occasional reboot to re-enable.

Very similar, to start, with your specs. 500GB EVO 850 and 32GB RAM instead. On order, so will arrive later in the week.

My laptop supports Thunderbolt for future expansion capabilities.

I'll try Windows or Linux first to verify the hardware.

I decided to go with onboard graphics at first to reduce complexity. Later, I can consider a decent GPU.

Ordered the mobo today as well.

Hi :)

I am having trouble with this motherboard when it comes to a nvidia GTX 980 card. I have connected 1 screen to the HDMI port for the Intel 530 HD and another monitor for the GTX 980. I only get video output on the Intel 530 and nothing on the GTX 980.

Did anyone here managed to make this motherboard working with the integrated GPU (intel 530 HD) and an nvidia card (GTX 980 or some other card) ?

I appreciate some advice as i have been living in this forum for the past week now :)

Thank you!

It has been several years since I built a computer from components. I got used to just buying Apple products, which came assembled already.

Felt stupid today when trying to put the system together (going to use integrated graphics at first until I decide on GPU). Wouldn't power on. Turned out I forgot the 6 pin power cable to the motherboard :(

The power supply was the first I've had where you plug the cables into the power supply too, so you only plug in what you need.

I'm verifying that things work with Windows 10 first, using an old 500GB laptop drive I have. A 5400 RPM drive really drags down a fast system. My Mac OS install will be on a 500GB SSD I purchased.

I've got this exact board, and having configured it properly now I've got quite a solid system working..
Audio, Graphics, Sleep, Power Management, most USB ports are all working. The only thing that isn't is Thunderbolt 3 (to be expected because there's yet to be an Apple system with such functionality).
I run a GTX 970; I haven't tried using the iGPU (also an HD 530) with that concurrently, to be honest that sounds like a recipe for trouble. Keep it simple and stick to one or the other. Just install the Nvidia drivers and set the appropriate flag on boot through Clover Configurator.

Here's a file with all the settings I used for mine - I don't use HD530, and I'm on a 6700K. But there's a whole copy of my clover settings. Best of luck!

Here's the file:

Attachments

• GA-Z170X-UD5-TH_OS X10.11.4_KIT.zip
    78.2 MB · Views: 530
Wow, Thanks jamie763p! Appreciate it ALOT!!
Yeah, i got the nvidia graphics gtx 980 working on the motherboard. with dual screens. I guess i dont need to use the Intel 530 HD along side with the gtx 980. I agree with you why make more trouble when i have it working already :) I bought a Type-C connector to thunderbolt connector from startech and i wanna connect an Apple Thunderbolt Screen as well. Will post an update if it works :) Thanks again :):)

Whats The SSDTs folder for ?

With EasyKext you install what kexts ? all that are in the Miscellaneous folder?
And i ll copy all your files from the Clover Preferences.zip file into my own CLOVER folder ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back