Contribute
Register

Skylake GA-Z170x ud5 th issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any luck on getting Thunderbolt to work yet with this board? I'm considering buying it soon and will post my results. Do we have an idea of when full support might show up for those devices?

were you able to get audio working?

I just started a build with this mobo today. I have el capitan running but no sound or ethernet. I'm a noob to clover, still trying to wrap my head around it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Hey guys

I'm also trying to get this mobo up and running (with 6700k, corsair memory, onboard graphics - nothing unusual) but am struggling to get past the first or second hurdle.

I used this method to build a USB stick:

http://osxarena.com/2015/10/guide-i...h-pc-with-clover-vanilla-installation-method/

And then tried various things including swapping the whole EFI directory with the one attached on page one but my install seizes or reboots at the end of the first row of ++++++++++++++

I also tried V4 from here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/311309-el-capitan-skylake-usb/El Capitan Skylake USB

This one gets further but crashes just after a bluetooth driver.

This is my second hackintosh (first was EX58-UD5) so I'm not completely new to it but it does feel like it!

Any help greatly appreciated...

M

The next thing I tried was using my Clover bootable usb stick I made at home (that worked on my EX58) but I still get the same instant reboot problem as above (after the +++++++++).

I also built installed El CAp on a sata drive and tried to boot off that - same problem.

There must be something wrong with my BIOS settings but I have no idea what - I've followed the same settings as those above... :problem:

So, I never managed to build a successfully booting USB stick - my machine would reset itself just before the installer, no matter what I tried (which was everything I could find on the internet).

I built a drive on my old hackintosh which would just about boot into something hackable and so I currently have a working UD5 TH build, although I need to spend some time with the clover configurator I think.

Very fast machine! I get ~16700-17000 on geekbench3 32bit multiproc before overclocking.

Great guides! I have this setup:

Skylake GA-Z170x UD5 TH
i7 6700K 4gHz
16Gb Crucial Ballistix Elite
Samsung EVO 850 250Gb

and just by following (aka "reading carefully and taking my time through it") the install guides + the additional Skylake graphics addendum thread, I was able to install El Capitan! It's now installing in front of my very eyes.

So:
- Take your time, you can't rush it. I learnt at my own expense and I am not a newbie in this. Lesson learnt
- Keep the "basics" category in the forum open. As soon as something pops up in your mind, search in that category and you will most definitely find the answer
- Read the installation guides and - if you have a new Skylake build like I do - keep a tab open with the thread about the integrated graphics workaround.

It will work.

Greetings Everyone, I was getting a boot hang in clover before I modified USB Ownership to X, then it would start to boot, then restart itself to bios. I am injecting NVIDIA so my NVS 510 card will work. Using it could probably be the reason I'm having issues. I have three of these NVS 510 cards and want to do 12 monitors, anyone tried this yet?

Everything works on my side..the only thing I have to test is Thunderbolt as I don't have my TB interface with me at the moment.

So far so good, from Builtin Intel HD 530 video acceleration, USB, Audio, Ethernet, iCloud account and store updates..all good! And thanks to the guides that are in here, patience and a couple more hours deep in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back