Contribute
Register

Skylake GA-Z170x ud5 th issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
could someone confirm that the TB-connectors are working? One of my customer would like to have TB-connectors with his next hackintosh.

thx a lot

danny

drumoman,

Its a Type-C connector that is also a Thunderbolt 3 connector. Both are the same. I will get a Thunderbolt or a type-c connector device tomorrow hopefully and i will see if that works with OS X and the motherboard.

hi neliuz,
yes - I know that usb type-c-connector is also the tb3-connector. I really would like to use this board for my customer and myself when the connector is fully working.

thx for the info

danny

Hey drumoman, havent tested it yet because the cable/adapter i need has not been produced yet. It will arrive to London on the 28th on may. So hoping to get it early in june. Was tempted to buy a USB-c to USB cable just for testing.. but a waste of money :) Here is the adapter i am waiting for: http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/cables/tbt3tbtadap.html

Hy Guys,
I have nearly the same configuration of wonderfilm:
gigabyte z170x ud5 th
i6700k
32gb ram
evga GTX970 4gb

Installation went fine, system boots, installed latest nvidia drivers, but... No gtx970. It only goes with OSX nvidia drivers. No way to make the 970 work with his drivers.
I tried clover way with confi.plist with nvda_... =1.
Nothing.
My card is connected via hdmi. When PC starts fans go. When OSx is loaded fans aren't going.
Sytem info at graphics just says: "Display 5mb".
Please help!
Thanks

Here's a file with all the settings I used for mine - I don't use HD530, and I'm on a 6700K. But there's a whole copy of my clover settings. Best of luck!
Jamie, I am considering a similar build. Are you using the on-board graphics? Any issues I should concern myself with? Thanks. Robbie.

thanks to you i can boot easily now but i keep crashing over the installation.

Maybe your EFI works for every z170 Gigabite mobo.

Hy Guys,
I have nearly the same configuration of wonderfilm:
gigabyte z170x ud5 th
i6700k
32gb ram
evga GTX970 4gb

Installation went fine, system boots, installed latest nvidia drivers, but... No gtx970. It only goes with OSX nvidia drivers. No way to make the 970 work with his drivers.
I tried clover way with confi.plist with nvda_... =1.
Nothing.
My card is connected via hdmi. When PC starts fans go. When OSx is loaded fans aren't going.
Sytem info at graphics just says: "Display 5mb".
Please help!
Thanks

Look for AGDPfix.

look at http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/b...-imac-15-or-imac-17-system-definition.183113/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back