Contribute
Register

Skylake GA-Z170x ud5 th issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which version of 10.11 are you on?
I am using 10.11.6

I still cant get audio working with "Audio Out", though I found a workaround by plugging my speakers into my monitor's audio out jack, since the Displayport cable was carrying audio in. Then, I got my system volume control back by using an app called "Sound Siphon" to merge the displayport out with the system volume. It was a pain but I hope this helps someone else.

I am using 10.11.6

I still cant get audio working with "Audio Out", though I found a workaround by plugging my speakers into my monitor's audio out jack, since the Displayport cable was carrying audio in. Then, I got my system volume control back by using an app called "Sound Siphon" to merge the displayport out with the system volume. It was a pain but I hope this helps someone else.
I'm just reattempting this install, with 10.11.6. I'll repeat the steps I used previously and let you know if/how I get it working.

Update for 10.11.6
- Modified AppleHDA no longer required. Revert to 'vanilla' HDA - you can get this off a 10.11.6 installer usb/image/internet
- Remove old SSDT for ALC1150 in your EFI partition
- Keep HDAEnabler kext in /System/Library/Extensions (or install it from the file I've previously posted on this thread)
- Use toledo's ALC patch command here

Reboot and you should in theory have working audio :)

Good waste of a couple of hours this evening ;)

Edit - for the benefit of any doubt I haven't bothered to get HDMI/Thunderbolt audio working. My setup doesn't require it at this moment in time.

Update for 10.11.6
- Modified AppleHDA no longer required. Revert to 'vanilla' HDA - you can get this off a 10.11.6 installer usb/image/internet
- Keep HDAEnabler kext in /System/Library/Extensions (or install it from the file I've previously posted on this thread)

Edit - for the benefit of any doubt I haven't bothered to get HDMI/Thunderbolt audio working. My setup doesn't require it at this moment in time.

THANK YOU this worked! The key was using the native AppleHDA and then running the script, because the script did not execute with the modified Apple HDA

Update for 10.11.6

Hi Jamie,

I was wondering if you can help me out to get my new mackintosh system working...

I am a total noob and have been reading through these forums these past few weeks, and have reinstalled OS X 10.11.6 over 30 times now, because somehow I keep on messing up at the post installation. I can get into installing the OS and booting up into the desktop, but from running Multibeast, is it possible that you can walk me through in as much detail as you possibly can to get audio, video (i have the latest nvidia drivers f02), ethernet, power management, sleep, etc. all that is possible to current date for my system...

I have already downloaded your attached file and tried as well, but I can't seem to boot back up into OS X.

I appreciate your time and effort. Thank you.

In any case- thank you all for helping me along on my first hackintosh... I'll be benchmarking today... Also going to research the benefits/pitfalls of trying to overclock the processor on this system.

So are you overclocking your system now? Any details or advice?? Thanks

Am hoping for some assistance. I have built multiple desktop and laptop hacks, but am completely stuck. I migrated my old desktop hard drives to my new GA.-Z170X-UD5 TH and can only boot into one of them.
1. Toshiba OCZ Vertex 120GB SSD - This drive has Sierra on it and I can boot into it. I cannot boot into it if I select inject Intel and get a black screen instead. Boots fine with inject Intel off, but no acceleration.

2. Samsung 850 EV0 250GB SSD - This was my main drive and the one my family uses daily. I cannot boot into this drive no matter what combination of Clover settings I try. I really need to be able to boot into this and have even tried reinstalling Sierra onto it (not clean install because I do not want to lose everything) but that does not seem to work. I am attaching my Clover folder in hopes someone can help me figure out what is wrong. I have also attached a photo of where the boot processes hangs up.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 136
  • Boot hang up.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 248
So regarding Thuderbolt/usb3.1/usb-c port- today I received a USB3.1-Type-C To SATA 22 Pin 2.5 Inch Hard Disk Adapter in the mail. Unfortunately, it does not work in OSX. Tested it in Windows 10 where it is fully functional, but in El Capitan, Disk Utility etc doesn't see the port at all or any volumes attached to it. Made sure to boot with the drive attached before powering up, in windows installed the Thunderbolt Driver that Gigabyte offers Windows users for the GA-170X ud5-th as well and made sure that Thunderbolt was enabled in bios and that thunderbolt security was set to legacy mode. (based on what some people do to get TB2 working on older gigabyte motherboards) Continue to get no thunderbolt recognition in System preferences as well though for now. Not sure if there are other settings I should tinker with.
Not sure what else I can do to test as there really aren't many thunderbolt 3 products on the market and the Startech TBT3TBTADAP thunderbolt 2 to thunderbolt 3 adapter seems overpriced to me at $80. Will pick up a TB3 HD enclosure when they are more widely available and there are some decent budget options to test more, however hopefully by then apple will have released more skylake/TB3 computers and implementation on the hackintosh side of the fence will be more complete.

One other thing that is slightly frustrating at the moment is trying to get 4k@60HZ to my Vizio M49-C1 monitor display. The display is capable of 4k@60HZ when connected via HDMI 2.0 to its HDMI input #5 according to its manual. I've read that AMD 7970's should be capable of driving 4k @60HZ in osx via displayport with an active adapter. I bought a Club3D CAC-1070 Displayport 1.2 to HDMI 2.0 UHD (CAC-1070) active adapter that should work at 60Hz with an HDMI 2.0 cable, however when I try to create a custom profile in switchresx for 3840 pixels × 2160 @ 60HZ, I get a black screen when selecting it in the Daemon. Not sure if I am inept with setting up a proper profile in switchresx, or if I am running into a hackintosh related issue or an inherent osx issue with this, but it would be nice to sort out if anyone has any advice.

Didn't see an update on this in the rest of the thread. How did this end up going? I'm trying to setup the same thing with the exact same cable and I had the same problem you did when first attempting to make the custom resolution in switchresx.

Thanks!

I got this motherboard up and running in Sierra. Z170X-UD5 TH but no sound and just one of two installed RAM visible, looks like thunderbolt is not working as well as I don't have anything to connect there now.
I did multicast and install ALC1150 and 100series audio as suggested, but no luck.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back