Contribute
Register

[Skylake] Flawless Sleep/Wake on Asus boards

Status
Not open for further replies.
@wildwillow - before I go through the USB SSDT guide, is it worth trying this...

<key>FixUSB_1000</key>
<true/>

... via Clover? or is it not necessary with USBInjectAll.kext?

EDIT: Created the SSDT anyway - all looking good, 14 ports in total, the only ones being displayed via IOReg.

I'll try another long sleep overnight. Fingers crossed :¬)

Last edited:
so...if i understand right...intel hd 530 has problem with sleep/wake option, or?

that is only thing that wont working...
when it goes to sleep, only power button reset helps..

thnx
In this thread Yoga was questioning about sleep/wake on Asus/Skylake configuration and seeing as he was using a Nvidia graphics card as I do, I confirmed it works and we're going through some steps to try and achieve the same result. Unfortunately I've tried wake from sleep with HD530 and at the moment it doesn't wake. There is a thread about it here : Skylake HD530 - Sleeps but won't wake

@wildwillow - before I go through the USB SSDT guide, is it worth trying this...

<key>FixUSB_1000</key>
<true/>

... via Clover? or is it not necessary with USBInjectAll.kext?

EDIT: Created the SSDT anyway - all looking good, 14 ports in total, the only ones being displayed via IOReg.

I'll try another long sleep overnight. Fingers crossed :¬)
Well I'm glad you've created the SSDT as the Clover patch doesn't work in the any way with USBInjectAll.kext and doesn't take into affect the limit. Hope your system sleep through the night. Interested in your results.

In this thread Yoga was questioning about sleep/wake on Asus/Skylake configuration and seeing as he was using a Nvidia graphics card as I do, I confirmed it works and we're going through some steps to try and achieve the same result. Unfortunately I've tried wake from sleep with HD530 and at the moment it doesn't wake. There is a thread about it here : Skylake HD530 - Sleeps but won't wake

Thanks for answering that.

Well I'm glad you've created the SSDT as the Clover patch doesn't work in any way with the USBInjectAll.kext and doesn't take into affect the limit. Hope your system sleep through the night. Interested in your results.

The system restored and wifi returned (after a 5-10 second pause) upon a short sleep/wake test, so it's looking good for the overnight test :¬)

The system restored and wifi returned (after a 5-10 second pause) upon a short sleep/wake test, so it's looking good for the overnight test :¬)
Lets hope so, you still have the selection 'not' ticked in System Preferences//Energy Saver for any kind of network access during sleep?

Last edited:
Lets hope so, you still have the selection 'not' ticked in System Preferences//Energy Saver for any kind of network access during sleep?

Yes, that remains disabled.

I woke the machine after a 2 hour sleep - wifi worked again, but the external USB sound card (Prism Lyra) was missing. Had to dis/reconnect it to be recognised, so there may still be USB gremlins.

I woke the machine after a 2 hour sleep - wifi worked again, but the external USB sound card (Prism Lyra) was missing. Had to dis/reconnect it to be recognised, so there may still be USB gremlins.
For now test overnight sleep, hopefully your system will wake properly by you and not by its own accord.
Does your sound card require USB Power? Preferred USB 2 or 3 ports? Or just a USB connection?

For now test overnight sleep, hopefully your system will wake properly by you and not by its own accord.
Does your sound card require USB Power? Preferred USB 2 or 3 ports? Or just a USB connection?

Yes, one step at a time :¬)

It's USB2 with its own power connection. USB is connection only.

Mouse, keyboard and webcam all work fine.

Yes, one step at a time :¬)
It's USB2 with its own power connection. USB is connection only.
Mouse, keyboard and webcam all work fine.
At this point it could be that your system finally wakes from deep sleep but the sound card isn't recognised.

A signal from the sound card would tell the system it was there, does this sound card have a power button that can be switched off before sleep and switched on when you wake the system. This way it would send a signal to the system. Just a thought.

At this point it could be that your system finally wakes from deep sleep but the sound card isn't recognised.

A signal from the sound card would tell the system it was there, does this sound card have a power button that can be switched off before sleep and switched on when you wake the system. This way it would send a signal to the system. Just a thought.

Yes it does, I had slept the mac before putting it into standby (not full power down) in the previous test, and thought the same thing as yourself. I made sure it was in standby before sleeping the machine. I wonder if it needs a full power down instead…

We'll know soon enough! :¬)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back