Contribute
Register

[Skylake] Flawless Sleep/Wake on Asus boards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I need your help reg. my Asus Maximus VIII Hero sleep issue. I wrote a poste in the "General Help" forum, but no answer so far and I´m really desperate. You are talking about random wakes etc., mine isn´t going to sleep at all.
I followed Stork´s step by step installation, because it looks understandable to me.
My System:
El Capitan (10.11.6 iMac 14.2) was running well on my SSD (M.2).
Asus Maximus VIII Hero Bios update 2202
NVIDIA GTX 970 webdriver 004
WI-FI + Bluetooth 4.0 BCM94360CD
StarTech FireWire Card

The sleep/wake function doesn´t work at all on my end and I don´t know what I have doing wrong or missed out.
It didn´t work before or after the Security update. When I go manually into sleep, the screen goes black, the front power light starts blinking for a second and then the fans starts spinning again. The front light is back to shine but the screen stays black. When my screen (Apple LED Display btw) goes black after 15min (preference energy save setting), the keyboard is responsible and the password screen pops up. Some users report that the StarTech FW card could make problems with the sleep/wake. Put it out...tested... same thing..no clue.

I tried your suggestions except the darkwake thing, but no luck at all. Any help is really appreciated. :thumbup:

Best
Michael

I have no idea, mine still turns itself on after shutdown. Sorry!
Hi Yoga,

What did Stork do differently? I mean, he wrote in his build discription that sleep/wake works. Of course, you can debuild your Hackintosh card after card and look at which point it runs smooth, but this couldn't be the solution don't you think?

Best
Michael

Hi Yoga,

What did Stork do differently? I mean, he wrote in his build discription that sleep/wake works. Of course, you can debuild your Hackintosh card after card and look at which point it runs smooth, but this couldn't be the solution don't you think?

Best
Michael

I don't really have to the time do that either!

Perhaps message Stork?

Hi guys, just to report that on my GENE enabling ERP (s4+s5) on BIOS and thicking fixshutdown on clover configurator as yoga suggested , fixed my sleep. Im using imac 14,2 and os X 10.11.6... Thanks!

Edit: Apparently auto and manual sleep seem to work fine except when CHROME is running

Last edited:
No luck here either - I can shutdown without issue but simply pressing sleep results in the computer powering down for a moment and then waking back up. I'm using a GTX 950 on Sierra 10.12.1 but the issue occurs with the 530 HD too.

The wake reason is "XDCI" (Wake from Normal Sleep [CDNVA] due to XDCI/: Using AC)

Any ideas on this?

Running "sudo pmset -g log" results in the following

Assertion status system-wide:

BackgroundTask 0

ApplePushServiceTask 0

UserIsActive 1

PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep 0

PreventSystemSleep 0

ExternalMedia 0

PreventUserIdleSystemSleep 0

NetworkClientActive 0

Listed by owning process:

pid 103(hidd): [0x0000001800098030] 00:06:28 UserIsActive named: "com.apple.iohideventsystem.queue.tickle"

Kernel Assertions: 0xc=USB,BT-HID

id=502 level=255 0x4=USB mod=1/1/70, 10:00 am description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.14d00000 owner=690LC

id=504 level=255 0x4=USB mod=1/1/70, 10:00 am description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.14900000 owner=IOUSBHostDevice

id=505 level=255 0x4=USB mod=1/1/70, 10:00 am description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.14200000 owner=Magic Keyboard

id=507 level=255 0x8=BT-HID mod=1/1/70, 10:00 am description=com.apple.driver.IOBluetoothHIDDriver owner=AppleHSBluetoothDevice

id=515 level=255 0x4=USB mod=1/1/70, 10:00 am description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.14b00000 owner=

id=518 level=255 0x4=USB mod=1/1/70, 10:00 am description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.00100000 owner=IOUSBHostDevice

id=519 level=255 0x4=USB mod=1/1/70, 10:00 am description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.00300000 owner=IOUSBHostDevice

Idle sleep preventers: IODisplayWrangler

Thanks!

Hi guys, just to report that on my GENE enabling ERP (s4+s5) on BIOS and thicking fixshutdown on clover configurator as yoga suggested , fixed my sleep. Im using imac 14,2 and os X 10.11.6... Thanks!

Edit: Apparently auto and manual sleep seem to work fine except when CHROME is running
Hi Jiojimbo,
I switched back from 14.2 to 3.1, because suddenly my system wouldn't shout down, too.
I deselected ERP but kept the fixshutdown... now I can turn off the system... but still have the sleep/wake issue. :banghead:

hi yoga.
can you please share your config.plist?
i have maxims VIII gene and my issue is that my hack wakes up randomly.
for example I put it on sleep over night, and it wakes up in the middle of the night and in the morning I have the login screen.
I think it is the same problem you had, right?

hi yoga.
can you please share your config.plist?
i have maxims VIII gene and my issue is that my hack wakes up randomly.
for example I put it on sleep over night, and it wakes up in the middle of the night and in the morning I have the login screen.
I think it is the same problem you had, right?
Did you try the darkwake flag?
Was a helping part on "fixing" of my (->Stork) Hero Build...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back