Contribute
Register

[Skylake] Flawless Sleep/Wake on Asus boards

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this thread Yoga was questioning about sleep/wake on Asus/Skylake configuration and seeing as he was using a Nvidia graphics card as I do, I confirmed it works and we're going through some steps to try and achieve the same result. Unfortunately I've tried wake from sleep with HD530 and at the moment it doesn't wake. There is a thread about it here : Skylake HD530 - Sleeps but won't wake

yes...i saw latter..that i was posting at wrong thread...sorry..
but, thnx for info

yes...i saw latter..that i was posting at wrong thread...sorry..
but, thnx for info
No problem, I'm sure when someone creates a workaround or Apple fixes it in a possible update that thread will be updated.

Last edited:
@wildwillow - success!

It resumed from the overnight sleep (takes a good 20 seconds or so to wake up), wifi and audio working. Thanks so much for all of your efforts :¬)

May I ask you a quick question? What do your pmset variables look like?

Here's mine (from pmset -g):

bash-3.2# pmset -g

Active Profiles:
AC Power -1*

Currently in use:
hibernatemode 0
womp 0
networkoversleep 0
sleep 0 (sleep prevented by coreaudiod)
Sleep On Power Button 1
ttyskeepawake 1
hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage
disksleep 0
gpuswitch 2
displaysleep 0

Last edited:
It resumed from the overnight sleep (takes a good 20 seconds or so to wake up), wifi and audio working. Thanks so much for all of your efforts :¬)

May I ask you a quick question? What do your pmset variables look like?
Great news Yoga, glad your system managed to stay asleep overnight and wake this morning, more so audio was detected I assume by switching it on after wake. Congrats and you're welcome.

Sure here is the output Terminal window. Very similar but some differences. Displaysleep and other variables will differ depending on when you allow your screen to sleep. Overall a great result for you. Be sure to back up your working EFI folder containing config.plist and SSDT's you've created. This will save you time in the future and is good practice especially when wanting to get an install up and running quickly/simply.
Screen Shot 2016-06-06 at 13.28.38.png

Great news Yoga, glad your system managed to stay asleep overnight and wake this morning, more so audio was detected I assume by switching it on after wake. Congrats and you're welcome.

Sure here is the output Terminal window. Very similar but some differences. Displaysleep and other variables will differ depending on when you allow your screen to sleep. Overall a great result for you. Be sure to back up your working EFI folder containing config.plist and SSDT's you've created. This will save you time in the future and is good practice especially when wanting to get an install up and running quickly/simply.
View attachment 198248

Thanks (again)! I try not to put my display to sleep as I'm using a Sony Bravia TV which has some wake issues (that's another thread). HiDPI (retina) at 1080p, 60hz and Chroma 4:4:4 is working however, which is excellent.

Great idea - backing up as we speak!

Hi,
I have similar set up so wondering if I can get any advice from you.

I don't have reboot issue however wake up failed everytime regardless it's short or long sleep, manual or not. The system do wake up; however the monitor turns on then goes back to stand by mode again. Eventually the system will reboot itself after a while.
I've been tried enable ErP, change darkwake=0. Wondering if there are other things I should give it a try.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,
I have similar set up so wondering if I can get any advice from you.

I don't have reboot issue however wake up failed everytime regardless it's short or long sleep, manual or not. The system do wake up; however the monitor turns on then goes back to stand by mode again. Eventually the system will reboot itself after a while.
I've been tried enable ErP, change darkwake=0. Wondering if there are other things I should give it a try.

Thanks in advance.

That sounds like a GFX card problem.

I don't have the link, but there is a great troubleshooting thread on this board somewhere with fixes for the black screen boot issue, that yours may be related to. There's an app you run, the name escapes me. AGPFix or something!

That sounds like a GFX card problem.

I don't have the link, but there is a great troubleshooting thread on this board somewhere with fixes for the black screen boot issue, that yours may be related to. There's an app you run, the name escapes me. AGPFix or something!

Thanks for your reply Yoga.
The threads I saw are the same problem but happens on HD530. Let me dig more deeper and see if I can find the one you refer to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back