Contribute
Register

[Skylake] Flawless Sleep/Wake on Asus boards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yoga and myself went through a lot more than BIOS settings to fix sleep. One of the main reasons for sleep failing on 100 series is USB. You should create a USB_SSDT specific to the ports you have connected. These being the Intel USB ports that have a limit as posted in the guides. I can confirm that Sleep does work for me on my ASUS Z170 Deluxe motherboard, recently I added the ThunderboltEX 3 add-in card and I'm connected via a Thunderbolt 3/USB C cable to a 4K monitor and this wakes fine from sleep. The only thing that doesn't work is the USB hub gets ejected on wake from sleep but the picture wakes as normal.

For USB I followed these suggestions from RehabMan:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

Specific Recommendations (100-series)

There is no EHCI controller in 100-series, so several of the solutions (and problems) for 7/8/9-series don't apply to 100-series.

Install USBInjectAll.kext. You will need the port limit patch as well as 100-series injection will always inject more than 15 ports.

From there, customize USBInjectAll using an SSDT with UIAC/RMCF. See USBInjectAll README. It is worthwhile to seek out an SSDT specific for your board that an expert has already created.

Once you have all ports injected, test them, determine which ones you can live without and exclude them with kernel flag uia_exclude. Kernel flag uia_exlude will exclude ports even from a custom USBInjectAll configuration via RMCF. After enough ports are excluded to bring the total ports under 15, you can eliminate the port limit patch.

My Setup:
USBInjectAll.kext
is installed to CLOVER/kexts/Other/
SSDT-USB-Maximus-VIII-Hero.aml
is installed to CLOVER/ACPI/patched/
uia_exclude=HS01;HS02;HS13;HS14;SS01;SS02
boot flag in config.plist

Do you have any recommendations beyond these fixes? thanks!

You've posted the precise instructions for RehabMans USBInjectAll.kext.
If you've used the guide and constructed a SSDT-USB then you do not need to exclude ports. This is a contradiction of your testing. You'll know if it is working correctly. Verify your tests in IOReg.

Do you have any recommendations beyond these fixes? thanks!
defunkt,
Disconnect anything that you have connected to your system other than keyboard/mouse or trackpad. This will help you begin troubleshooting. Note the time you try and wake the system and check in Applications/Utilities/Console around that time for wake reason or failed wake.
Do you have a power management SSDT installed in EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched?

defunkt,
Disconnect anything that you have connected to your system other than keyboard/mouse or trackpad. This will help you begin troubleshooting. Note the time you try and wake the system and check in Applications/Utilities/Console around that time for wake reason or failed wake.
Do you have a power management SSDT installed in EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched?

Yes I have a custom made SSDT for my i7-6700k

And great news!! wildwillow, you set me on the right path with re-examining USB.

I have removed SSDT-USB-Maximus-VIII-Hero.aml from CLOVER/ACPI/patched/

And 2 sleep/wake cycles have occurred as expected! Feels good to finally get some good "sleep" hahaha

hi guys.
has anyone a fix for me?
sierra 10.12.3 with obviously Nvidia web driver.
980 ti, 6700k, maximus VIII hero, imac14,2 system def
the issue is that I have black screen after wake.
post code is 30, so it seems that it is ok.
i have tried with darkwake=no and with darkwake=0

I'm surprised you have wake problems. Your system and mine are almost identical...

Last night, I decided to update to the latest Clover and also updated FakeSMC+Sensors, USBinjectAll, and IntelMausiEthernet. I had to set "darkwake=0" but sleep/wake continues to work and I have wake-on-LAN enabled.

You may want to try both IntelMausiEthernet version 2.1.0 and 2.2.0. When I first upgraded to 2.2.0, I noticed that my system woke from network activity even though I had not invoked wake-on-LAN and went back to 2.1.0.

And 2 sleep/wake cycles have occurred as expected! Feels good to finally get some good "sleep" hahaha
Great news. Check audio is still working after sleep. You may need to add CodecCommander if you haven't done so already.

Great news. Check audio is still working after sleep. You may need to add CodecCommander if you haven't done so already.

In my setup, I have never needed CodecCommander to get audio after sleep. (Nvidia HDMI + DP Audio)

Further testing and USB was acting strange so I replaced SSDT-USB-Maximus-VIII-Hero.aml and decided to roll back my version of USBInjectAll.kext to RehabMan-USBInjectAll-2016-1214.zip

Sleep is working as intended. So in my own testing with my particular setup, this is what is working for me and what I did to get it. Thank you wildwillow for your guidance.

I was looking for the original procedure I used for USB and it is a guide by ammulder (section 7 - appendix)

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/10-11-0-10-11-3-skylake-starter-guide.179221/

No problem, configuring USB correctly on 100 series motherboards eliminates a lot of the gremlins with sleep.

can you help me to understand why my system wakes up and there returns to sleep itself during the night?

Mar 16 00:42:51 iMac-Pro com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.nowplayingtouchui): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.
Mar 16 00:42:56 iMac-Pro xpcproxy[7105]: libcoreservices: _dirhelper_userdir: 523: bootstrap_look_up returned 268435459
Mar 16 00:43:01 iMac-Pro com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.nowplayingtouchui): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.
Mar 16 00:43:32 --- last message repeated 2 times ---
Mar 16 00:43:32 iMac-Pro com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.nowplayingtouchui): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.
Mar 16 02:43:54 --- last message repeated 2 times ---
Mar 16 02:43:54 iMac-Pro syslogd[37]: ASL Sender Statistics
Mar 16 02:43:54 iMac-Pro eospreflightagent[7117]: objc[7117]: Class AMSupportURLConnectionDelegate is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/A/MobileDevice (0x7fffa38496e0) and /usr/lib/libFDR_osx.dylib (0x10f10dad8). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
Mar 16 02:43:54 iMac-Pro eospreflightagent[7117]: objc[7117]: Class AMSupportURLConnectionDelegate is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/A/MobileDevice (0x7fffa38496e0) and /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/EmbeddedOSInstall.framework/Versions/A/EmbeddedOSInstall (0x10f071de8). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
Mar 16 02:43:55 iMac-Pro com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.nowplayingtouchui): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.
Mar 16 02:44:01 iMac-Pro xpcproxy[7120]: libcoreservices: _dirhelper_userdir: 523: bootstrap_look_up returned 268435459
Mar 16 02:44:05 iMac-Pro com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.nowplayingtouchui): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.
Mar 16 02:44:35 --- last message repeated 2 times ---
Mar 16 02:44:35 iMac-Pro com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.nowplayingtouchui): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.
Mar 16 04:44:59 --- last message repeated 2 times ---
Mar 16 04:44:59 iMac-Pro syslogd[37]: ASL Sender Statistics
Mar 16 04:44:59 iMac-Pro com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.bsd.dirhelper[7131]): Endpoint has been activated through legacy launch(3) APIs. Please switch to XPC or bootstrap_check_in(): com.apple.bsd.dirhelper
Mar 16 04:44:59 iMac-Pro eospreflightagent[7155]: objc[7155]: Class AMSupportURLConnectionDelegate is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/A/MobileDevice (0x7fffa38496e0) and /usr/lib/libFDR_osx.dylib (0x1057abad8). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
Mar 16 04:44:59 iMac-Pro eospreflightagent[7155]: objc[7155]: Class AMSupportURLConnectionDelegate is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/A/MobileDevice (0x7fffa38496e0) and /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/EmbeddedOSInstall.framework/Versions/A/EmbeddedOSInstall (0x105712de8). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
Mar 16 04:45:00 iMac-Pro com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.nowplayingtouchui): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.
Mar 16 04:45:06 iMac-Pro xpcproxy[7159]: libcoreservices: _dirhelper_userdir: 523: bootstrap_look_up returned 268435459
Mar 16 04:45:10 iMac-Pro com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.nowplayingtouchui): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.
Mar 16 04:45:16 iMac-Pro com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.quicklook[7163]): Endpoint has been activated through legacy launch(3) APIs. Please switch to XPC or bootstrap_check_in(): com.apple.quicklook
Mar 16 04:45:20 iMac-Pro com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.nowplayingtouchui): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.
Mar 16 04:45:50 --- last message repeated 2 times ---
Mar 16 04:45:50 iMac-Pro com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.nowplayingtouchui): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.
Mar 16 06:46:04 --- last message repeated 1 time ---

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back