Contribute
Register

[Skylake] Flawless Sleep/Wake on Asus boards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update your El Capitan installation to 10.11.5. The latest CodecCommander version works with 10.11.4/5.
Thanks Stork, I'm all up to date with those and have no issues. Trying to help a fellow Asus user with sleep on their system. I agree with your post, everything works with those suggestions.

Is the CPU supported by the 10.11.3 kernel?
Indeed Skylake CPU's have been supported since the release of El Capitan. There was no IGPU/Intel HD530 graphics support in 10.11.3 and previous, this was only added in 10.11.4.

Indeed Skylake CPU's have been supported since the release of El Capitan. There was no IGPU/Intel HD530 graphics support in 10.11.3 and previous, this was only added in 10.11.4.

Thanks WW - really appreciate your help. Trying now!

Are you using Corsair Link? It's known to wake up computer momentarily after you put it to sleep. If so, you may want to disconnect it.

Thanks Stork, I'm all up to date with those and have no issues. Trying to help a fellow Asus user with sleep on their system. I agree with your post, everything works with those suggestions.
Sorry...I replied to your post instead of Yoga's post. He's still running 10.11.3 and needs to update to 10.11.5.

I've updated to 10.11.5.

Short sleep works, but that did before. I'll test the long sleep overnight!

First sleep test complete :) Have you tested shutting down the system to see if the restart issue on shutdown is gone?

First sleep test complete :) Have you tested shutting down the system to see if the restart issue on shutdown is gone?

Just done it a few times, on the 3rd attempt it reboot rather than shutdown. Boo :¬)

I'm now adding the FixShutdown flag back in to see if it helps.

HaltEnabler is on too, is that necessary now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back