Intel HD4000 On Chip
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello Hello,

I usually can find a solution on the Forum but with this issue i am coming up with lots of unrelated or repetitive information.. I'm sure someone smarter then i will solve this in a snap.. so here it is: (Find attached AsRock Z87E-ITX.zip and a MaciASL Screenshot)

from with-in Linux I copied and disassembled to create DSDT.dsl

1. sudo cat/sys/frimware/acpi/tables/"SSDT1-5 & DSDT" > "same name".aml (and SSDT6-8 in the dynamic subfolder)

2. iasl -e SSDT*.aml -d DSDT.aml this runs and gives me the DSDT.dsl included in the zip

3. when i open this file with MaciASL and compile (ACPI 5.0, Jan 8 2014) i get only one error (see photo) i first tried simply commenting this line but that just generates more errors.. at this point i'm just trying to get to a clean DSDT without any patches.. as i have managed to "Clean", Comment, and Hack up the DSDT into something that will compile, i'm less them confident that i am doing anything positive besides getting it to compile... :-/

Odd note: if i use acpidump to get all the tables it retrieves one file more of interest a SSDT without a number in its name and not included in either /tables/ or /tables/dynamic/ .. i do get the following on disassembly:

* iASL Warning: There were 7 external control methods found during
* disassembly, but only 6 were resolved (1 unresolved)...etc...

I was able to convert the dump into a .dsl file and then with a little clean up compile that into an .aml file (All included in the zip)

but when i include that file during disassembly (iasl -e SSDT.aml SSDT*.aml -d DSDT.aml) i get errors regarding duplicate names...

I do appreciate this forum and thank you to anyone willing to take a look!!!

PS. System: AsRock Z87E-ITX Bios 2.30 PMPatch, 8GB Vengeance LP-1600, Mushkin mSATA 240GB

Attachments

• MaciASL Screenshot.png
    MaciASL Screenshot.png
    75.4 KB · Views: 207
  • AsRock Z87E-ITX.zip
    103.1 KB · Views: 106
Sorry i did not ready your write up. To clear the error just put forward slash behind Argo.
Let me know if i have missing something.

Code:
 If (CondRefOf (MDBG))
        {
          Return (MDBG)
          //Arg0
        }
         Return (Zero)
       }

Hello Hello,

I usually can find a solution on the Forum but with this issue i am coming up with lots of unrelated or repetitive information.. I'm sure someone smarter then i will solve this in a snap.. so here it is: (Find attached AsRock Z87E-ITX.zip and a MaciASL Screenshot)

from with-in Linux I copied and disassembled to create DSDT.dsl

1. sudo cat/sys/frimware/acpi/tables/"SSDT1-5 & DSDT" > "same name".aml (and SSDT6-8 in the dynamic subfolder)

2. iasl -e SSDT*.aml -d DSDT.aml this runs and gives me the DSDT.dsl included in the zip

3. when i open this file with MaciASL and compile (ACPI 5.0, Jan 8 2014) i get only one error (see photo) i first tried simply commenting this line but that just generates more errors.. at this point i'm just trying to get to a clean DSDT without any patches.. as i have managed to "Clean", Comment, and Hack up the DSDT into something that will compile, i'm less them confident that i am doing anything positive besides getting it to compile... :-/

Odd note: if i use acpidump to get all the tables it retrieves one file more of interest a SSDT without a number in its name and not included in either /tables/ or /tables/dynamic/ .. i do get the following on disassembly:

* iASL Warning: There were 7 external control methods found during
* disassembly, but only 6 were resolved (1 unresolved)...etc...

I was able to convert the dump into a .dsl file and then with a little clean up compile that into an .aml file (All included in the zip)

but when i include that file during disassembly (iasl -e SSDT.aml SSDT*.aml -d DSDT.aml) i get errors regarding duplicate names...

I do appreciate this forum and thank you to anyone willing to take a look!!!

PS. System: AsRock Z87E-ITX Bios 2.30 PMPatch, 8GB Vengeance LP-1600, Mushkin mSATA 240GB

Ive been using this board for some time now. Post your full untouched DSDT and I'll do the edits you want for it.

Thank you for the reply .. that is actually the first thing i tried but when i do i get far more errors :-/ see attached..

Attachments

• whenCommentline9846.png
    whenCommentline9846.png
    307.1 KB · Views: 162
Thank you very much for the reply i have read many threads of yours about the Z87E-ITX..!! the DSDT.dsl in the Zip is unmodified as disassembled from with in Linux..

Besides wanting a clean DSDT for the future.. I'm was planing on Patching with Toleda's (https://github.com/toleda/audio_hdmi_8series) as the goal is working HDMI Audio. I have removed the Wifi/BlueTooth module, added Ram, and mSata drive .. other then that there is no added hardware..

I have ready you are using Bios v2.30A.. i had flashed to 2.30A but i had a couple unexpected spontaneous reboots that i am not experiencing with v2.30 and PMPatch .. have you experienced this? i can't be 100% that it was caused by the Bios as it is very infrequent and it could be just dump luck that it has not reoccurred..

Thank you again for your time..!!

Thank you for send a cleaned up DSDT.dsl..!! it still would not compile gives me an error at line 3222 code 6090 Min/Max/Length/Gram are all zero, but no resource tag..

if i comment out lines 3222 thru 3227 it compiles... and seems fine.. any thing you can see i should be worried about patching from here..?

Thank you for send a cleaned up DSDT.dsl..!! it still would not compile gives me an error at line 3222 code 6090 Min/Max/Length/Gram are all zero, but no resource tag..

if i comment out lines 3222 thru 3227 it compiles... and seems fine.. any thing you can see i should be worried about patching from here..?

2.30A is the correct bios to use, and has never given me any issues with booting etc.

If you change MacIASL to ACPI 4.0 the 'errors' will go away and you should have a clean compile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back