Contribute
Register

[Sierra][SUCCESS] Couldn't allocate runtime area when first installing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I was able at the end of the day to install my Mac OS Sierra in my system. Here's what I've done:
I've added to boot flag: npci=0x2000 cpus=1 busratio=32.
Did you modified anything in the EFI folder, or replaced stuff? If replaced, can you please post a full set of instructions? I'm stuck at the exact same place. :|

Did you modified anything in the EFI folder, or replaced stuff? If replaced, can you please post a full set of instructions? I'm stuck at the exact same place. :|

I edited my config.plist changing CsrActiveConfig to 0x67 (it was 0x03) and when in Clover screen (before selecting where to boot from) I went to options, set boot flags to npci=0x2000 cpus=1 busratio=32 and then, under binary patches (I don't actually remember if this is the exact label, but should sound something like this) I put FakeCPUID to 0x000506E3 (I own Intel i7 7700k, if yours is different and is not natively supported, you need to google for the one that fits your configuration).

I edited my config.plist changing CsrActiveConfig to 0x67 (it was 0x03) and when in Clover screen (before selecting where to boot from) I went to options, set boot flags to npci=0x2000 cpus=1 busratio=32 and then, under binary patches (I don't actually remember if this is the exact label, but should sound something like this) I put FakeCPUID to 0x000506E3 (I own Intel i7 7700k, if yours is different and is not natively supported, you need to google for the one that fits your configuration).
Except the FakeCPUID is anything else related to the CPU? I own a MSI X99 SLI PLUS, is this the same with yours?

Later edit: tried CsrActiveConfig "0x67" in config.plist + npci=0x2000 cpus=1 busratio=32 + FakeCPUID=0x040672, still getting "couldn't allocate runtime area". :(

Last edited:
Except the FakeCPUID is anything else related to the CPU? I own a MSI X99 SLI PLUS, is this the same with yours?

Later edit: tried CsrActiveConfig "0x67" in config.plist + npci=0x2000 cpus=1 busratio=32 + FakeCPUID=0x040672, still getting "couldn't allocate runtime area". :(

Well, I don't own your same motherboard but this should be uninfluential... You own a 6800K CPU?
EDIT: As far as I know GTX 1080 is not supported by MAC, by the way try adding nv_disable=1 in your boot flags.

Doing that right away!

If this doesn't work I'd suggest to rewrite OS Sierra on your USB stick to have a fresh bootable USB (you may have messed with drivers or something), change in config.plist CsrActiveConfig to 0x67 and then boot with flags:

nv_disable=1 npci=0x2000 cpus=1 busratio=32 and FakeCPUID=0x040672

If my mind doesn't trick me, this should be how I did it...

EDIT: If still no luck, try adding to flags: GraphicsEnabler=Yes (Some NVidia cards need this) UseKernelCache=No (avoid kernel panic, you may not need this) -x (safe mode)

If this doesn't work I'd suggest to rewrite OS Sierra on your USB stick to have a fresh bootable USB (you may have messed with drivers or something), change in config.plist CsrActiveConfig to 0x67 and then boot with flags:

nv_disable=1 npci=0x2000 cpus=1 busratio=32 and FakeCPUID=0x040672
I've done exactly that with a fresh UniBeast USB.

As far as I know GTX 1080 is not supported by MAC, by the way try adding nv_disable=1 in your boot flags.
I've removed the GTX 1080, currently using a GT 740.

Any other ideas? :\

I've done exactly that with a fresh UniBeast USB.

I've removed the GTX 1080, currently using a GT 740.

Any other ideas? :\

I edited my previous answer, try with new flags!

When you switch your card to GT 740, according to this you can set GraphicsEnabler=no

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back