GTX 560 Ti
Hey All,

My build is a
MB: GA-Z77X-UDH5
Processor: Intel Core i5-3570K Quad-Core Processor 3.4 GHz 4 Core LGA 1155
Graphics Card: nVidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Memory: 16GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Yosemite 10.10.5

I have been running my Hackintosh using Chimera as the boot loader since 2011. When Yosemite came out I tried switching to Clover, but it never worked past using the USB loader.

I recently tried to install Sierra on a new SSD and tried to do it with Clover once more. I got the install working with the USB stick plugged in, however whenever I tried to boot without the USB stick I would get to the apple and then a prohibited sign would appear. I then tried to boot with the USB stick again and it didn't work, instead the same prohibited sign appeared. Luckily I can boot into Yosemite with either Clover or Chimera. In Clover Yosemite works except for the sound, under Chimera, everything works except messages and sometimes the computer will freeze. Usually this occurs when I have youtube running with many other websites open.

I also have a weird monitor setup. I have a DELL U2414H using HDMI and a Wacom Cintiq using VGA.

Any idea on what I can do to get this working properly? Do I need to supply any more information? Thanks for your time and help.

I recreated my USB boot drive and tried to boot into Sierra from the USB device. This time around it worked. I am going to try to boot into Sierra now without the USB drive.

Other than booting without the USB device I am getting no audio, nor am I getting Bluetooth. I know that the bluetooth is due to my Broadcom card not being supported in Sierra, so thats not an issue. I ordered a new card. However, not having audio is more of an issue.

I am a visual learner and I just have issues with Clover over Chimera. Any help would be appreciated.

install clover and then delete all files from the efi folder and use this clover configuration... just remember to change your serial number in clover configurator... make sure to boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes just in case your 560Ti isn't supported...

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21.1 MB · Views: 107
make sure to boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes just in case your 560Ti isn't supported...
GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No is for the Chimera/Chameleon boot loader - It is not valid in Clover and has no effect.

I recreated my USB boot drive and tried to boot into Sierra from the USB device. This time around it worked. I am going to try to boot into Sierra now without the USB drive.

Other than booting without the USB device I am getting no audio, nor am I getting Bluetooth. I know that the bluetooth is due to my Broadcom card not being supported in Sierra, so thats not an issue. I ordered a new card. However, not having audio is more of an issue.

I am a visual learner and I just have issues with Clover over Chimera. Any help would be appreciated.
I believe your Audio is "Realtek ALC898"
Did you run Multibeast 9.01 on the Sierra System Hard disk to install Realtek ALC 898 kext?
  • Once the above Multibeast 9.01 procedure is completed and rebooted , click the "Apple" icon on top Panel>"About This Mac"> "System Report...">"Hardware">"Audio" to confirm your "Audio Devices" have been recognized by the installed driver.
  • Next open "System Preferences"> "Sound" and its menu like "Output" for the "speaker(s)" , "Input" for "Microphone" devices being setup and use the built in "Sound Effects " to test the Speaker(s)

If the above has not worked out OK, try the following to fix audio. I have copied the following steps from https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/sierra-desktop-realtek-applehda-audio.197923/

For clover ALC
  1. Download/View Raw/audio_cloverALC-120
  2. Mount EFI/EFI Mounter v3 | tonymacx86.com
  3. Double Click Downloads/audio_. . .ALC-120.command
  4. Enter Password
  5. Answer questions (y/n)
  6. Terminal/Shell/Export Text As...
  7. Restart
Hope this will fix the audio problem for you.

@jabba559thqm I tried your fix and that didn't work either.

What has worked was setting up Clover to boot without loading caches. I can now boot into Sierra without having to use the USB, Bluetooth is working. Sound is only working when I plug in my USB microphone with headphone jack out.

@cmn699 thank you I will try your audio fix later since I do want to enjoy having a working Clover loaded Sierra drive for a bit :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back