Contribute
Register

Serious Lag with High Sierra, how do I downgrade to Sierra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z270X Ultra Gaming
CPU
Intel I7 7700k
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8 GB
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone, thanks for an amazing forum and community here! I've recently (2-3 weeks ago) built my first hackintosh. Since it's so recent, I opted for 10.13.3 and got everything to work, even the supplemental update (which crashed my nvidia card) after a few tweaks. It's finally working!...

...however: I've recently discovered some serious osx lag with moving windows around, opening and closing finder/internet windows, and general other small lags. I've read on these forums that this is due to High Sierra having some issues with the new drivers, and with some recommendations from the forum, saw others downgrade to Sierra to solve some issues until the tech is figured out later this year to smooth it out. Unfortunately, I've discovered I am completely terrified at trying this out on my own without proper instructions due to a fear of completely ruining my machine.

So - here are my questions:

1. Is there a guide/post on here that I'm not seeing that properly does a step-by-step process for downgrading? I've never done it before and I'm new to clover/hacking all this and REALLY don't want to mess up everything up and start all over with HS.

2. Considering I am working on a ssd (500gb) that already has an OSX installed, I imagine the process is different then the guide for Installing Sierra on intel computers via unibeast. Can anyone concur or shine some light? Would it be better to remove my current SSD and use a clean blank SSD (250gb)

I'm sure I'm not the only newb on here who's experiencing this problem, and any help, guidance or information to keep me learning and doing this the right way would be great appreciated. Without you smart and helpful folk, none of us would be able to get better and help others. Thank you.

Specs:

Motherboard: Gigabyte z270x UG
CPU: Intel I7 7700k 4.2 ghz
GPU: EVGA Nvidia 1070 TI 8gb
Ram: 64gb Ballistix Sport
500 & 250gb SSD Samsung EVO

i think the only method is actually fresh install sierra.

i think the only method is actually fresh install sierra.
Briccoenjoy - how would you recommend doing that? I've tried to create the thumb drive based on this website but haven't been able to get it to actually install anything or get to the apple install windows from plugging it in and booting from it. It hits the apple icon and just sits forever there.

I picked up a different ssd to try to install it separately but it still won't get past the apple icon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back