Contribute
Register

Security Update 2020-005 (High Sierra) & (Mojave)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The real problem, however, is the freeze shortly after boot. In my case it is due to the UAD driver...

...the same problem here..! :crazy: I'm back to version 10.14.6 (18G5033)

HP EliteBook Folio 9480m (with BCM94352Z) running Mojave almost flawlessly for the last month. Applied the latest security update without issue until I noticed the Bluetooth is no longer working. Previously I had upgraded to Catalina but had the same issue with Bluetooth so reverted to Mojave. Looks like I'll have to live without Bluetooth until a solution is figured out.

OK guys the Security update as well as Safari 14 has been pulled for Mojave.

Ironically, as reported above, I've had zero problems with this update (Mojave). Even Safari 14, which I understood folks were having issues with, has been perfect. Just the home screen layout change annoying.

As for the supposed memory usage problems, as I have 32GB base I expect macOS to run in available RAM rather than use swap-files. That's one of the advantages of a good stock of DDR4.

So I have a rare, problem-free update and they pull it. Doh!

:lol:

Ironically, as reported above, I've had zero problems with this update (Mojave). Even Safari 14, which I understood folks were having issues with, has been perfect. Just the home screen layout change annoying.

As for the supposed memory usage problems, as I have 32GB base I expect macOS to run in available RAM rather than use swap-files. That's one of the advantages of a good stock of DDR4.

So I have a rare, problem-free update and they pull it. Doh!

:lol:
Apple just posted another update to RESOLVE all the issues that came along with the last security and safari updates...Please check your software update for the download.... Only about 68mb, takes less than 5 to 10 min to install.... ONE reboot.... cut MEMORY usage substantially. .. 11.5 GB idle to 4.4 GB idle

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 11.06.47 PM.png

Version number remained the same as the lastest security update.

Apple just posted another update to RESOLVE all the issues that came along with the last security and safari updates...Please check your software update for the download.... Only about 68mb, takes less than 5 to 10 min to install.... ONE reboot.... cut MEMORY usage substantially. .. 11.5 GB idle to 4.4 GB idle

Thanks for the heads-up :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back