1. Classic
  2. iBook
  3. iMac
  4. Power Mac
  5. PowerBook
  6. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Long time reader of the forums here, reaching out for some assistance...

Current system is working great (dual boot Ubuntu and OSX), with Clover recognizing both options out of the box.

Due to a work-related requirement, I need Fedora 23 up and running on the system, as well. It is currently installed (as are the other operating systems) on a separate drive. I cannot seem, for the life of me, to get the Fedora entry to display in the Clover bootloader.

Attached is my config.plist. Is the Custom Entry I added correct? I thought the UUID would be enough, do I need to add Path key, as well - and, if so, given the OS is on a separate drive, what might that path actually be?

If any other details might be needed, I can happily provide more info, of course.

Thank you all so very much!

Attachments

• Diskutil Output.png
    Diskutil Output.png
    60.9 KB · Views: 303
  • config.plist
    6.5 KB · Views: 356
Long time reader of the forums here, reaching out for some assistance...

Current system is working great (dual boot Ubuntu and OSX), with Clover recognizing both options out of the box.

Due to a work-related requirement, I need Fedora 23 up and running on the system, as well. It is currently installed (as are the other operating systems) on a separate drive. I cannot seem, for the life of me, to get the Fedora entry to display in the Clover bootloader.

Attached is my config.plist. Is the Custom Entry I added correct? I thought the UUID would be enough, do I need to add Path key, as well - and, if so, given the OS is on a separate drive, what might that path actually be?

If any other details might be needed, I can happily provide more info, of course.

Thank you all so very much!
If you have Clover installed UEFI booring OS X and Ubuntu EFI mode, then you are going to have a problem booting Fedora from Clover if you have Grub installed Legacy mode. Are you using Grub EFI to boot Ubuntu or are you using the EFI stub to boot it without Grub?

Thanks for the quick reply!

I've not been using Grub EFI to boot into Ubuntu, so I'm thinking Clover is using the EFI stub by default. Would that be a correct assumption in this case?

Thanks for the quick reply!

I've not been using Grub EFI to boot into Ubuntu, so I'm thinking Clover is using the EFI stub by default. Would that be a correct assumption in this case?
Could be. Did you install Grub when you installed Ubuntu?

guessing dev/disk1 is fedora 23 being LVM
EFISTUB for non-LVM root=PARTUUID= , for LVM root=UUID=
I think you are not using EFISTUB for ubuntu because your config.plist doesn't show it being used.
below shows initramfs-4.5.7-200.fc23.x86_64.img & vmlinuz-4.5.7-200.fc23.x86_64 copied from /boot to the root of the esp

Code:
    <key>GUI</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Custom</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Entries</key>
            <array>
                <dict>
                    <key>AddArguments</key>
                    <string>root=PARTUUID= rw quiet splash add_efi_memmap initrd=/initramfs-4.5.7-200.fc23.x86_64.img</string>
                    <key>Disabled</key>
                    <false/>
                    <key>FullTitle</key>
                    <string>Fedora 23</string>
                    <key>Hidden</key>
                    <false/>
                    <key>Ignore</key>
                    <false/>
                    <key>Path</key>
                    <string>vmlinuz-4.5.7-200.fc23.x86_64</string>
                    <key>Type</key>
                    <string>Linux</string>