Contribute
Register

[READ ME FIRST!] Graphics Setup & Troubleshooting

Apple have not used VGA in their products for more than ten years so unsurprisingly they do not include support for it in their operating system(s).
So is there any unofficial way to manually enable graphics for my VGA display.

Last edited:
Finally I was successfully able to install a hackintosh on my PC after buying a new Nvidia graphics card. But it didn't ended well. As soon as I've restarted my PC it was stuck at the ASUS boot logo and both mouse and keyboard freezed. Thus I can't open my pc, neither can I go to the BIOS settings. Please help and give me any solution.

What is the best compatible internal WiFi card for hackintosh?

It's been very hassle to upgrade my card from GTX 970 to Zotac GTX 1070. With fresh 10.13.6 (17G65) Install still getting boot loop from the drive.

While booting from the USB to the High Sierra drive, the Nvidia webdrivers seem to be working :crazy: Any explanation?

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.5 KB · Views: 238
Have a Skylake system running 10.13.6 (Build 17G6030) using a nVidia GTX 750 Ti graphics card. Loaned it to a friend and he used "sleep" mode once. After that, sometimes booting gave no video, sometimes it worked, but now I have the unit back and have been trying to find the problem.

Clover screen comes up (4920) at boot and both SATA SSDs are available. Selecting either one results in no display, but video signal is there... just black. Tried on-board HDMI and also on-board DVI in addition to the PCIe selection/port; same result. At one point the video came up normally, but when restarted, back to the black screen. SMBIOS is iMac 14,2. When up briefly, ran MultiBeast and re-installed correct options, but restarting resulted in the black screen again. Somehow lost the tonymacx86 Clover screen and now see the "embedded" display when Clover comes up.

So it's not a graphics card problem; seems more like a config.plist problem, but cannot identify since cannot get a display even though the OS is running.

I get about 1 second of a text display right after selecting the desired SSD, but don't know how to pause the screen long enough to get a picture.

Any suggestions? I've been working for about 10 hours and can't find the magic.

Thanks for reading!

When I reach the stage where I have selected Start Mac OS from USB the screen goes dark for a while. Then the apple icon appears but it takes a long while before the bar appears indicating how far the process has progressed. When it reaches about half way, the screen blanks, and nothing further happens. The machine appears to go into sleep mode after a while.

It's the same whether I use UEFI or Legacy.

I have this problem but not a problem. Ive already posted in the Post Installation Graphics section but have not been able to get a response. I just can't seem to figure this out. I have an older 1st Gen build that I installed Sierra in. I used a GT 730 4GB DDR3 GPU for installation. At 1st I was having problems on boot. It would reset and I couldn't shutdown. So I set Inject Nvidia to True and it seems as the reset and shutdown problems are gone but now I have showing 2GB instead of 4GB. According to the 1st post this appears to be incorrect:

The following bootloader settings are necessary for full functionality:
Kepler- & Maxwell-Generation: InjectNvidia=False / GraphicsEnabler=No
everything before Kepler: InjectNvidia=True / GraphicsEnabler=Yes

System Profiler shows 0MB VRAM
This is usually caused by having GraphicsEnabler=Yes when using Chameleon/Chimera or Inject/NVidia/True when using Clover. Change it to No or False respectively and you should see the proper VRAM.

I believe the GPU I have is Kepler. Attached is my config.plist. Everything appears to work even with the 2GB showing but I would really like to show the correct VRAM. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.4 KB · Views: 222
Back