Contribute
Register

Random White Screen Boots and Shutdown Hangs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
x58
CPU
i7
Graphics
Gt 740
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So, i have recently installed yosemite on my old Dell Studio XPS 435t/9000
after some issues with my aftermarket (maxwell) EVGA GTX 750 ti, and deciding it would be easier to replace it with a more supported card than it would be to fix the various issues with the maxwell card.
i replaced it with EVGA Geforce gt 740, it is working great for the most part.
so heres the issue, sometimes my computer boots to nothing but a white screen. at first i thought this was a graphicsEnabler issue but i have it added to my boot flags now and it is working once the computer boots up. the strange thing is this white screen only happens about every other reboot. one time it will boot flawlessly, the next it will white screen. i just have to hard restart until i don't get the white screen.

the next issue is just as sporadic, when restarting the computer from within yosemite i get a little loading icon, and occasionally it just stops. freezes, won't shut down. other times it spins and shuts down normally
here is a link to my stock computer specs
http://www.cnet.com/products/dell-studio-xps-9000-formerly-xps-435/specs/

the only changes to it are the gt 740 graphics card, and a tp-link ac1750 wifi pciE adapter.
this build has potential to be quite enjoyable now that i have my new graphics card, but i need to resolve these annoying issues.
P.s. i currently have sleep disabled and have not tested it. i can it test it if it will help resolve the other issues.

Edit: i also have a Samsung 850 pro SSD installed which is where yosemite is installed.

Bump: does anybody have any ideas, the other day it took me 5 tries to get my computer to boot, and i had to type "GrahpicsEnabler=no" when it did boot. not sure if that had anything to do with it or if it was just coincidence.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>No</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>dart=0 debug=8 ahcidisk=1 mode=1920x1080x32</string>
	<key>PCIRootUID</key>
	<string>1</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>5</string>
</dict>
</plist>

this is a copy of my org.chameleon.Boot.plist
hope this helps.

Hi, could you tell me which guide you used to install Yosemite your Studio XPS 435t / 9000?
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back