Graphics
MSI AMD R9 390X Gaming 8GB
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
eMac, iBook, iMac, Performa, Power Mac, PowerBook, Quadra
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Yep good news for me already, I've been on this beta 24+ hours and not a single freeze so far.
Some dev at Apple read our complains and went like "let me fix that for these guys real quick" :lol: Well, props to this dev!
Well bad news for me. Froze within 15 seconds after loading up a Logic Pro project. Seems to not have been resolved.

Motherboard
Z97X-Gaming 3
CPU
i5 4690K
Graphics
MSI R9 390X
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android
Well bad news for me. Froze within 15 seconds after loading up a Logic Pro project. Seems to not have been resolved.
Are logs still the same ? Unfortunately I do not have Logic Pro to try this, but so far I did some Photoshop/Lightroom editing, web surfing, along with some benchmarking. Maybe I was lucky...

Motherboard
ASUS Maximus VII Hero
CPU
intel Core i5-4690K @ 4.2 GHz
Graphics
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Are logs still the same ? Unfortunately I do not have Logic Pro to try this, but so far I did some Photoshop/Lightroom editing, web surfing, along with some benchmarking. Maybe I was lucky...
I didn't check but I would assume so. Same symptoms as well.

Motherboard
Z97X-Gaming 3
CPU
i5 4690K
Graphics
MSI R9 390X
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android
I didn't check but I would assume so. Same symptoms as well.
I'm really trying to make it freeze, I don't why It's still happening to you
Capture d’écran 2016-05-26 à 14.24.20.png
What output are you using ? I'm using DVI (the one next to HDMI) @1080p I haven't tested other output

EDIT : I managed to make it crash using Apple Maps 3D feature, log shows Maps caused gnu driver to restart which what window server used to cause.

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS Maximus VII Hero
CPU
intel Core i5-4690K @ 4.2 GHz
Graphics
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
EDIT : I managed to make it crash using Apple Maps 3D feature, log shows Maps caused gnu driver to restart which what window server used to cause.
Can you try to test using a different manufacture's VBIOS using clover? I wont have time to try myself for a couple of days. I have some management classes I need to attend in a different city.

In the mean time I have enabled the integrated Intel HD 4600 GPU on the CPU until there's hopefully a fix.

Motherboard
ASROCK B85M PRO4
CPU
Intel Xeon E3-1231v3
Graphics
Radeon Sapphire Nitro R9 380
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Is there any solution to Sapphire R9 380 issue with El Capitan that does not involve booting with iGPU? I'm using Yosemite fine, but I need updated SDK for XCode and that requires El Capitan. I've read various posts and the answer seems to be 'no,' but I want to check if there's some solution that I missed.

As you can see in my profile, I'm using Xeon CPU that does not have iGPU so I'm in a tricky situation now haha. I installed Hackintosh as a temporary measure because my Mac Mini was getting too slow, and because Hackintosh looked something interesting to try. I will eventually buy MBP after WWDC, but in the meantime I want to make this setup work if possible!

D

Deleted member 654708

Just wanted to mention that Sapphire R9 280 OC 3GB card works totally OOB. Just plug and play on 10.11.x. Awesome experience for a Hackintosh. I wish the fans were a bit more silent though.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 654708

@harfangk: This topic is still in research. As of today: No other way than using the iGPU.

@niovhe: Could you verify if sleep/wake is working for you?
I can't because up till now I had the HD530 on a Skylake build, where the following error appeared:

denniss-imac:~ dk$ pmset -g log | grep -i failure
2016-04-15 01:56:56 +0300 Failure Drivers Failure panic during wake due to XHC(XHC),SAT0(AppleIntelPchSeriesAHCI),RP16(),GLAN(IntelMausi):

After a series of fixes on SSDT and adding the new Sapphire card I get the following:

denniss-imac:~ dk$ syslog | grep -i "Wake reason"
May 14 20:00:55 denniss-imac kernel[0] <Notice>: Wake reason: XDCI

denniss-imac:~ dk$ pmset -g log | grep -i failure
2016-05-14 20:21:43 +0300 Failure Drivers Failure panic during wake due to SAT0():

If you are able to help me correct this crash I might be able to tell if the AMD card can successfully sleep and wake.

Motherboard
Razer Blade Stealth
CPU
i7-8565U
Graphics
UHD 620, 1920 x 1080
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Still no luck for r9 390 fully working?