Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

Those M3xx chipsets have nothing in common with their similarly named Desktop Brothers. M370/M380 are (ancient) GCN 1.0, which are supported by OS X just fine (see HD 7770, 7870, 7950, etc...). M395 is Tonga, which also has OS X drivers (R9 285/380).
OS X support for the high-end desktop-class cards is bad (Hawaii) or doesn't even exist (Fury).

Additionally there's also a lack of Research in the community, the AMD sleep/wake issue exists since the first Beta of El Capitan (almost an year ago, I guess...). The only known Workaround is using iGPU=Primary. This fixes sleep/wake for most people (as well as the Tonga-bug mentioned in the first post).

Thanks for the quick response!
Hm I've tried follow what justr wrote and modify my vbios. It's a little difficult since Hawaii editor doesn't work for my card so it needs to be done in a hex editor. So far no luck on that.
Very basic question: Can I even patch a framebuffer when I always get the standard AMD Radeon FB, no matter what I inject in Clover? FB injection and even Fake ID doesn't seem to have any effect. The card is always detected as AMD Radeon HD 8xxx.
No, you need to get injection working first. Maybe a typo in FBName?

Florian: I used your guide for my HI70N Wifi Board. I was having sleep issues. IE...After 20 minutes of sleep...it would wake on it's own...then go in a wake/sleep cycle. Once this began to happen, I could not get a proper shutdown.

What has fixed this for me, and you might want to try is disabling your wifi connection before sleep. I have done this, and have experienced no issues sleeping...nor waking. This is with an AMD R380.

Just want to report that my Gigabyte G1 Gaming Windforce Radeon R9 380X 4GB GDDR5 is working perfectly fine under "YOSEMITE 10.10.5". I have set internal graphics as primary in BIOS. I am now able to use 3 monitors set up. 1 HDMI and 1 DVI in PCI-E card and 1 DVI in the motherboard. Even Sleep is working. I used "audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0n10.command" and generated a SSDT with ssdtPRGen. In Config.Plist (Clover) graphic section I just checked Inject Intel. I didn't have to use internal graphics as primary for a dual or single monitor set up. In fact I could have just deactivated it in BIOS. But some strange colors would appear while playing a video only for the first 2-6 seconds. Rewinding the video would fix it. But still, it wasn't perfect. As stated before, using internal graphics as primary fixed everything. Boot Loader shows on internal graphics. Then you can configure monitors the way you want it...

Capture d’écran 2016-05-16 à 19.19.36.png

UPDATE

Fully working under El Capitan

Capture d’écran 2016-06-05 à 11.24.58.png

Last edited:
Hey Fl0rian :wave: I have an r7 260 and El captain uses YPbPr color format :banghead:,Yosemite was using RGB....
Got a Dell 2240L and I'm using hdmi port.
How i can force RGB:beachball: in El Captain ?

Is somebody cheeked already if r9 380 works now with El Capitan 10.11.5?

Is somebody cheeked already if r9 380 works now with El Capitan 10.11.5?

R9 380 Has been working in El Capitan. Enable your IGP boot with it as priority. You will get a black screen for bios/clover but an OSX login will come up. If you have sleep issues...disable wifi before sleep.

Guys,

I am trying to get a bit more performance out of my sapphire r9 390. It boots OK out of the display port. However the VRAM is way down to 14MB. Graphics are sloooow.
Any pointers would be appreciated. Running El Capi 10.11.15.
radeon.png

Back