CPU
I3 2100
Graphics
R9 280X
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys.
This is my first Hackintosh.
I posted this problem in many Hackintosh forums but I never had a reply. So I hope someone can help me (Sorry if I have grammar mistakes, I'm from Argentina).
I managed to install macOS Sierra on my PC few days ago. Although the system recognized my graphics card it doesn't work and I have to use integrated graphics
After googling problems with my XFX graphics card in Hackintosh I tried some solutions like configurating clover, FakeID, using a ROM, DSDT injection. But none of them worked. It is important to note that I never done these configurations so it's hard for me.
If someone can help me with this issue I'd really appreciate it.

You should read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.

Profile.png

Hi guys.

This is my first Hackintosh. I posted this problem in many Hackintosh forums but I never had a reply. So I hope someone can help me (Sorry if I have grammar mistakes, I'm from Argentina).

I managed to install macOS Sierra on my PC few days ago. Although the system recognized my graphics card it doesn't work and I have to use integrated graphics. After googling problems with my XFX graphics card in Hackintosh I tried some solutions like configuring clover, FakeID, using a ROM, DSDT injection. But none of them worked. It is important to note that I never done these configurations so it's hard for me.

If someone can help me with this issue I'd really appreciate it.

You have a XFX R9 280X? Then you really have a problem. According to the Radeon Compatibility Guide here :

"Many people are reporting problems with XFX cards, especially HD 7xxx / R9 generation. They're using a custom BIOS which can cause a crash upon booting, which can't be fixed in OS X."

Do you have another suitable graphics card you can use? Or can you just use CPU integrated graphics?

You have a XFX R9 280X? Then you really have a problem. According to the Radeon Compatibility Guide here :

"Many people are reporting problems with XFX cards, especially HD 7xxx / R9 generation. They're using a custom BIOS which can cause a crash upon booting, which can't be fixed in OS X."

Do you have another suitable graphics card you can use? Or can you just use CPU integrated graphics?

I think I have an older NVIDIA but I need to use this one.
I can boot the OS with IGPU. I read some threads with possible solutions to the same problem and some of them worked. But not for me, maybe I'm not doing it correctly. Particularly this one: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/adding-amd-280x-graphics-card.183264/
May a solution be using Whatevergreen and lily kexts?
Edit: I just read that flashing my GPU could work. But I don't know how to do it. PD: I tried to use Clover to load Vbios but it didn't boot, it gets stuck on the black screen with the apple logo.

I think I have an older NVIDIA but I need to use this one.

I can boot the OS with IGPU. I read some threads with possible solutions to the same problem and some of them worked. But not for me, maybe I'm not doing it correctly. Particularly this one: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/adding-amd-280x-graphics-card.183264/

May a solution be using Whatevergreen and lily kexts?

You don't seem to understand the problem. The card apparently does NOT work under MacOS, not even with Lilu and WhateverGreen, unless you take the drastic step of flashing a alternate VBIOS on your card, or less drastically, using Clover to load a compatible VBIOS dynamically (Page 2 on your link).

You can try with Lilu and WhateverGreen, but I don't think it will work unless you flash the VBIOS or dynamically load a compatible VBIOS.

You don't seem to understand the problem. The card apparently does NOT work under MacOS, not even with Lilu and WhateverGreen, unless you take the drastic step of flashing a alternate VBIOS on your card, or less drastically, using Clover to load a compatible VBIOS dynamically (Page 2 on your link).

You can try with Lilu and WhateverGreen, but I don't think it will work unless you flash the VBIOS or dynamically load a compatible VBIOS.

I've just edited the post. I tried to load a VBIOS with clover but it didn't boot, got stuck in the black screen with the apple logo.
Will this be different if I directly flash my GPU?

I've just edited the post. I tried to load a VBIOS with clover but it didn't boot, got stuck in the black screen with the apple logo.

Are you certain you have gotten a compatible VBIOS to load in Clover? Perhaps you can try using Lilu and WhateverGreen together with the VBIOS load?

I don't know if things will be different if you directly flash the GPU with a compatible VBIOS, as I have never needed to do that.

You will need to flash the bios in windows to get it to work. Another user did it with Asus bios as it has the same port layout so it works in windows and OSX.

Google: Techpowerup for the bios and instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back