Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah... Compatibility wise, its fine. However, I have heard overclocking on macOS is not so easy. The main thing I think causes people issues is the fact that Apple doesn't make overclocked Macs, so you are in a hole by yourself. I would recommend checking the Build Guide to see configurations that are known to work well.
The beautiful thing about macOS is that it is UNIX and very lightweight. In fact, I would say that a Hackintosh, even being unsupported by macOS, runs at least 10x better with the proper configurations. In that matter, I'd say overclocking isn't that necessary to get a full experience. However, I can understand why you would want a super Mac - that would be pretty cool. Just know that by adding overclocking, you also add a potential headache to your installation

Bottom line, if you want to overclock, do NOT cheap out on the motherboard

Yeah I've heard others say similar things which influenced my decision. Not looking at overclocking at all, but would be great to make use of the higher stock clock speeds of the unlocked i7 7700k.

Actually, after finding out a bit more about the Asus H270-Pro, it's likely I might spend a bit more and go back to the Prime Z270-A (there seem to be a few guides for this as well). There seemed to be the possibility of needing BIOS updates for security vulnerabilities for the H270, which I wanted to avoid entirely after reading a bit more into how these can complicate the build even more so. Ah decisions..almost there! :)

Hi, i'm going to build same pc for same purposes with audio 8 dj by Native Instruments, do you test his compatibility?
This device seems not to be in the certified list on this forum.
Is ableton fluid well working when with MIDI controllers?
Thanx1k

Hi mate,
Sorry still looking at components to buy right now so haven't had a chance to test anything.

Hi, i'm going to build same pc for same purposes with audio 8 dj by Native Instruments, do you test his compatibility?
This device seems not to be in the certified list on this forum.
Is ableton fluid well working when with MIDI controllers?
Thanx1k
Hey, sorry been away for awhile. Most Input / Output devices work completely fine. My USB 3.0 Ports work with max power and speeds. They just require config patches... I think you'll be okay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back