Contribute
Register

Quicklook Doesn't Preview jpgs, mp3 nor mp4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I've seen the kext sollution, but I wonder if there's not a more elegant sollution (smbios seemed more promising to me but with the black screen ...). That's why I asked if anybody had an idea :)

thanks for your reply, seems I will give the kext a try.
You can use the board-id-patch:
  • Name: com.apple.driver.AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy
  • Find: BA050000 00
  • Replace: BA000000 00
  • Comment: Disable board-id check to prevent no signal © lvs1974, Pike R. Alpha, vit9696

Or you can use Whatevergreen&Lilu and enter the correct ig-platform-id (non-connectorless) under devices/properties.
The guide for that: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-intel-framebuffer-patching-using-whatevergreen.256490/

Or you can use 6,1Pro SMBIOS.

thanks for your detailed answer !
jw :)

btw, I think the Whatevergreen solution is the way to go in Mojave. There are some good reasons in the link.

In the future we all will have to use Whatevergreen because it's very likely that many kexts are merged into the project.

Please correct me :)

So I just realized that following the thread and moving to 18,3 from 6,1 now keeps the MB’s LEDs on when the system sleeps.

Anyone else with the gigabit gaming 5 MB have this and remember how to solve?

So I just realized that following the thread and moving to 18,3 from 6,1 now keeps the MB’s LEDs on when the system sleeps.

Anyone else with the gigabit gaming 5 MB have this and remember how to solve?

Turn off Fix Shut Down you do not need it, the Lights on the memory still will be on when sleeping but will be off when the system is off, also make sure they are set to go off in the Bios.

Hi all, was there a fix found to this Quicklook error? I skimmed around a few pages back and front of this thread but couldn't tell what people were talking about... In my situation, I'm still on Sierra and everything works fine/Quicklook used to work fine but recently stopped previewing certain media files such as audio/video (seemingly all different types/codecs).

Any fix for this?

So more info, if I boot and don’t login - machine will sleep. Lights and fans off.

Once I boot and login, only the monitors sleep. Motherboard lights and fans continue to run.

Fixshutdown makes no difference.

Found out how to get quicklook and preview working on beta 3 without losing my wifi.
in bios set igpu to enable
no changes in config.plist - do not inject intel or set ig-platform-id
updated lilu and whatevergreen to latest release.
This solved it for me - i76700k with IGPU and RX580 as PCI GPU, ASUS Z170, Internal GPU enabled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back