Contribute
Register

Quicklook Doesn't Preview jpgs, mp3 nor mp4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok maybe you have some issues there. You can try usbinjectall as alternative if you could not fix that. Good luck my man ! I think you got enough info now.
Thx :)

offtopic: usbinjectall works with a custom ssdt to eliminate the need for a port limit patch. It is advised to use the port limit patch only during installation. It also brings consistency across updates.

I use the iMac 18.3, iGPU enabled, and I can confirm that Premiere Pro does use the RX580 during editing and during exporting, without problems.

I really like Premiere Pro. It’s weird that Final Cut Pro doesn’t use the dedicated card for exporting though.

I just tried imovie and even imovie fully loads up the rx580 with h.264 hardware rendering. Why is this not possible for fcpx ? I was shocked!!!

I just tried imovie and even imovie fully loads up the rx580 with h.264 hardware rendering. Why is this not possible for fcpx ? I was shocked!!!
I am also amazed at how it’s not utilizing your dGPU. Surely there must be a setting somewhere!

I have never used Final Cut Pro so I don’t know how its Preferences are, but in Premiere Pro you can choose hardware encoding while creating the project, change it while editing, and also just before you export it. You can’t miss it.

I found this by the way, don’t know if it applies to you or if it helps. https://larryjordan.com/articles/configure-final-cut-pro-x-to-output-hevc-h-265/

because of other issues, I just did a clean install. I'm up and running WITHOUT my RX580. Everything works.
Will be putting the RX back soon and report back...
Not Just a RX850 issue having the same issues with a Zotax Geforce GT710

Read a couple of pages back.. there is allot helpfull info about a solution

Good advice. Missed it the first few times through. I changed the SIMBOIS from 14,2 to 18,3. QuickLook and Preview work fine now. Thanks.

Same here, i changed my SYMBIOS to a MacPro (early 2013), and preview works fine now.

Hi everyone.

Since my Mojave update, I have problems with jpeg and some photos in Photo app. I had trouble with mp3/mp4 as well but it was resolved with my audio problems, so now there's only images problems.

I tried to change my sysdef from imac 14,1 to imac 15,1 (which is closest to my config, but I used 14,1 to make power management works in the first place as toleda said it was better if I remember correctly). But with 15,1 my monitors stays black (I can access the computer with screen sharing so I was able to revert to my previous config.plist).

I don't think macpro 6,1 would be good as it's not my material at all.

The problem is that I use icloud & message so I need a valid serial too (and the one I try to generate inside clover configurator are always rejected by https://checkcoverage.apple.com/us/en/ :().

Tried with whatevergreen with no success. Any advice on how to have my preview & photo app back without risking messing what is working already ?

Thanks !

Hi everyone.

Since my Mojave update, I have problems with jpeg and some photos in Photo app. I had trouble with mp3/mp4 as well but it was resolved with my audio problems, so now there's only images problems.

I tried to change my sysdef from imac 14,1 to imac 15,1 (which is closest to my config, but I used 14,1 to make power management works in the first place as toleda said it was better if I remember correctly). But with 15,1 my monitors stays black (I can access the computer with screen sharing so I was able to revert to my previous config.plist).

I don't think macpro 6,1 would be good as it's not my material at all.

The problem is that I use icloud & message so I need a valid serial too (and the one I try to generate inside clover configurator are always rejected by https://checkcoverage.apple.com/us/en/ :().

Tried with whatevergreen with no success. Any advice on how to have my preview & photo app back without risking messing what is working already ?

Thanks !
Look back a page or three and you will find me asking what kext get that it will fix your jpeg problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back