Contribute
Register

Quicklook Doesn't Preview jpgs, mp3 nor mp4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you still able to play DRM content IE movies on iTunes and not Trailers they are generally not protected by DRM! We are all here for a fix but if it breaks something else is it really a Fix?
To be honest, I don't know. I never watched movies in iTune. For the problem of freezing preview, and for how I use the machine, I think it's a fix. after I-GPU enabled, make sure intel inject and Radeon inject are enabled. If it lead other people to an additional problem, i'm sorry.

To be honest, I don't know. I never watched movies in iTune. For the problem of freezing preview, and for how I use the machine, I think it's a fix. after I-GPU enabled, make sure intel inject and Radeon inject are enabled. If it lead other people to an additional problem, i'm sorry.

You don't need to inject nothing with latest version of WhatEvergreen.
Furthermore if you use WhatEvergreen you can't use RadeonDeInit, just have to use one, not both ones.

Just like i posted in another threat
It bothers me i got a rx580 but could hardly use it for fcpx. if h.264 could only be software i would be ok with that. i want hevc hardware encoding. also i want to view itunes movies. it is all possible, but i have to choose...
do i want a imacpro smbios with no drm problems. or do i want a imac bios and change the board id for h.264 support. or do i enable the igpu and change the board id also, so i could render with quicksync (and the card i bought is almost useless). And there are more examples like this.

It Can not be fixed all at once. at this moment it seems like there is no solution that gives h.264.. hardware hevc encoding and iTunes DRM support.

Just like i posted in another threat
It bothers me i got a rx580 but could hardly use it for fcpx. if h.264 could only be software i would be ok with that. i want hevc hardware encoding. also i want to view itunes movies. it is all possible, but i have to choose...
do i want a imacpro smbios with no drm problems. or do i want a imac bios and change the board id for h.264 support. or do i enable the igpu and change the board id also, so i could render with quicksync (and the card i bought is almost useless). And there are more examples like this.

It Can not be fixed all at once. at this moment it seems like there is no solution that gives h.264.. hardware hevc encoding and iTunes DRM support.

iMac18,3 system definition with IGPU enabled doesn't give you h.264 support?

iMac18,3 system definition with IGPU enabled doesn't give you h.264 support?
yes it does... but enabling the igpu breaks drm on itunes.
also the rx580 is hardly used in fcpx. only for things like the bruce x test. hevc is also not being encoded by the rx580. its performance is verry poor in this way. the best thing would be if it could be used without the igpu enabled... so that hevc is hardware encoded by the rx580, h.264 could be software encoded by changing the board id for a 19,1 id or something. but that will break itunes drm.

/edit:
i got everything working with the igpu enabled. so there are no problems right now (except itunes) but i wish we could use the power of the rx580 in fcpx and could disable the igpu. in return we get allot faster exporting if all is hardware encoded by the 580 and also it fixes the itunes drm problem. this can be done with the vega patch in Siera, but not in mojave. and if it could, then there is that one problem left with h.264... so then..you have to change the board id, and itunes is broken in return. so it can all be done. but at this moment we have to choose.

Last edited:
yes it does... but enabling the igpu breaks drm on itunes.
also the rx580 is hardly used in fcpx. only for things like the bruce x test. hevc is also not being encoded by the rx580. its performance is verry poor in this way. the best thing would be if it could be used without the igpu enabled... so that hevc is hardware encoded by the rx580, h.264 could be software encoded by changing the board id for a 19,1 id or something. but that will break itunes drm.

Sorry. I'm a little confused... Is the following correct?

iMac18,3 and IGPU enabled - h.264 hardware support, yes. HEVC hardware support, no. iTunes DRM, no.
iMac19,1 and no IGPU - h.264 hardware support, no. HEVC hardware support, yes. iTunes DRM, no.
iMacPro1,1 and no IGPU - h.264 hardware support, no. HEVC hardware support, no. iTunes DRM, yes.

Sorry. I'm a little confused... Is the following correct?

iMac18,3 and IGPU enabled - h.264 hardware support, yes. HEVC hardware support, no. iTunes DRM, no.
iMac19,1 and no IGPU - h.264 hardware support, no. HEVC hardware support, yes. iTunes DRM, no.
iMacPro1,1 and no IGPU - h.264 hardware support, no. HEVC hardware support, no. iTunes DRM, yes.

iMac18,3 and IGPU enabled - h.264 hardware support, yes. (quicksync) HEVC hardware support, yes (quicksync). iTunes DRM, no. (i want the rx580 to encode HEVC/i want iTunes DRM)

iMac18,3 and IGPU disabled - h.264 hardware support (broken) HEVC hardware support, no (software). iTunes DRM, yes.

iMac19,1 and no IGPU - h.264 hardware support, no. HEVC hardware support, no. iTunes DRM, no. all done by software.

iMac19,1 and IGPU enabled - h.264 hardware support quicksync. HEVC hardware support, yes (quicksync), iTunes DRM, no.

iMacPro1,1 and no IGPU - h.264 hardware support, no (broken). HEVC hardware support, no (software). iTunes DRM, yes. (correct).

Last edited:
iMac18,3 and IGPU enabled - h.264 hardware support, yes. (quicksync) HEVC hardware support, (quicksync). iTunes DRM, no. (i want the rx580 to encode HEVC/i want iTunes DRM)

iMac19,1 and no IGPU - h.264 hardware support, no. HEVC hardware support, no. iTunes DRM, no. all done by software.

iMac19,1 and IGPU enabled - h.264 hardware support quicksync. HEVC hardware support, yes (quicksync), iTunes DRM, no.

iMacPro1,1 and no IGPU - h.264 hardware support, no. HEVC hardware support, no. iTunes DRM, yes. (correct).

On a real iMac18,3, is HEVC encoding in FCPX done by RX 580?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back