Contribute
Register

Quicklook Doesn't Preview jpgs, mp3 nor mp4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a real iMac18,3, is HEVC encoding in FCPX done by RX 580?

nope, i know that ;)... and you also :) but like others i am trying to get the best out of the system.

/edit there are allot of rx580 users on the forum wrestling with the card.
Because it is native supported by apple, i also did a shot on the mac pro 2010 smbios but with no succes.

nope, i know that ;)... and you also :) but like others i am trying to get the best out of the system.

/edit there are allot of rx580 users on the forum wrestling with the card.
Because it is native supported by apple, i also did a shot on the mac pro 2010 smbios but with no succes.

So everything is working correctly with iMac18,3 except for iTunes DRM.

I don't know what to expect from using iMac19,1 system definition since no such machine exists.

I don't know what to expect from using iMac19,1 system definition since no such machine exists.

yes i know, but it could do allot better with the rx580. Premiere for example does use the rx580 with metal and the cpu when exporting hevc. this goes allot faster. but hey, premiere is not like fcpx. so i think i am going to use premiere now till a solution comes along.

the 19,1 machine only works to fix h.264 on machines with IGPU disabled. you should use it in combination with a existing smbios to keep imessage and your other icloud functions. not the best choice.

yes i know, but it could do allot better with the rx580. Premiere for example does use the rx580 with metal and the cpu when exporting hevc. this goes allot faster. but hey, premiere is not like fcpx. so i think i am going to use premiere now till a solution comes along.

the 19,1 machine only works to fix h.264 on machines with IGPU disabled. you should use it in combination with a existing smbios to keep imessage and your other icloud functions. not the best choice.

Quick Look is working with iMac18,3 as well?

Do downloaded iTunes videos play correctly?

Quick Look is working with iMac18,3 as well?

Do downloaded iTunes videos play correctly?

quicklook is working. downloaded iTunes videos do not play.
i am not using kexts like whatevergreen.

Using whatevergreen does not help
So for now it is the Apple tv for video :)

Last edited:
quicklook is working. downloaded iTunes videos do not play.
i am not using kexts like whatevergreen.

Using whatevergreen does not help
So for now it is the Apple tv for video :)

For DRM discussions, this thread is probably more appropriate.

As far as I can tell, using iMac18,3, everything works correctly and only iTunes DRM is an issue. iTunes DRM has been a long standing problem with people getting mixed success with various methods.

Edit:
This guy seems to have most of it figured out... But he uses WhateverGreen.

Last edited:
For DRM discussions, this thread is probably more appropriate.

As far as I can tell, using iMac18,3, everything works correctly and only iTunes DRM is an issue. iTunes DRM has been a long standing problem with people getting mixed success with various methods.

Edit:
This guy seems to have most of it figured out... But he uses WhateverGreen.

After allot of reading that is also what i think. I came across that post yesterday. I tried whatevergreen with different shiki flags but i only got iTunes crashing so i deleted it. I Will save the threats and read there later on.

I use the iMac 18.3, iGPU enabled, and I can confirm that Premiere Pro does use the RX580 during editing and during exporting, without problems.

I really like Premiere Pro. It’s weird that Final Cut Pro doesn’t use the dedicated card for exporting though.

iTunes is Apple online services, it is more software issues than hardware setup issues.

Apple’s confusing method of device authorization and association
Why does it have to be so difficult when all you want to do is watch an iTunes video on one of your devices?
https://www.macworld.com/article/31...-of-device-authorization-and-association.html

Guys, just wondering you cant even watching trailer in iTunes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back