Graphics
Nvidia GTX 950 2GB (1366x768)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hi, i installed hackintosh el capitan on my PC , but I have a problem , my video card is a nvidia gtx 950 and I know that is not is compatible , for this I installed the alternate drivers , but after the installing and after the restart , this not works , it tells me that there was a error , and that I have to re install the drivers ,how do I fix? can help me? thanks.

hi, i installed hackintosh el capitan on my PC , but I have a problem , my video card is a nvidia gtx 950 and I know that is not is compatible , for this I installed the alternate drivers , but after the installing and after the restart , this not works , it tells me that there was a error , and that I have to re install the drivers ,how do I fix? can help me? thanks.

Redownload the drivers.

Thanks for reply.I downloaded it three times, but does not work the same

Did you get anywhere with this? I've been having a really great challenge getting the hackintosh to correctly use the GTX 950 2GB as well.
I'm using Sierra with a ga-z170mx gaming 5, but I've run into the same funky behavior.

When I boot from the Unibeast prepared install USB drive, the system information recognize the Nvidia GTX 950, though thinks that it's 0MB. After using multibeast to make my internal drive bootable, the system information says that it's just a 7mb display.

I was able to download the webdrivers, as I'm sure you were too, but unable to get the system to use them (always reverts back to apple)

When I manage to get anywhere, I'll reach out to you again.

Did you get anywhere with this? I've been having a really great challenge getting the hackintosh to correctly use the GTX 950 2GB as well.
I'm using Sierra with a ga-z170mx gaming 5, but I've run into the same funky behavior.

When I boot from the Unibeast prepared install USB drive, the system information recognize the Nvidia GTX 950, though thinks that it's 0MB. After using multibeast to make my internal drive bootable, the system information says that it's just a 7mb display.

I was able to download the webdrivers, as I'm sure you were too, but unable to get the system to use them (always reverts back to apple)

When I manage to get anywhere, I'll reach out to you again.

0MB means that you have Inject/NVidia/true when it should be false. If you have done the proper method of enabling the driver in your config then it shouldn't matter what the driver manager says.

Ah! Thank you! That's very interesting! So in my case the Display 7mb is perhaps a step in a better direction as it means that, at least, it's no longer injecting.
I appreciate your insight and I hope to contribute something useful once I figure out that the deal is.
Would you suggest installing an alternate OS such as windows to test and see if the card is actually functionally perfect?

Also of note, I've gone through the new method of enabling web drivers and the control panel always reverts back to OSX driver (confirmed using kextinfo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back