Contribute
Register

Potential Hackintosh Core M Tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.
My i7 is not that stable i would like it to have. The i2c kext is causing problems, sometimes KP on boot, sometimes touch does not work. But no KP since today after boot. I changed the wifi Modules two days ago with this video as a guide, but replaced the internal module with an Edimax N300 Wireless EW-7612. The Model No:: EW-7612UAN (V2). This one has an antenna port so you can solder it to the internal Antenna AND !important! has 10.11 support. So newer plug an Stick to my Cube anymore. Okay one drawback: No Bluetooth in Windows because module is gone, but i have an small 4 port usb hub which i want to solder inside, so i can fit three other usb devices in there!

Hey motorola, are you driving the usb wi-fi card with its proprietary wi-fi driver and utility and not with the apple native wi-fi utility, right? As you are using a wi-fi on the USB bus and not on the PCI-e one I guess there's no way to use the apple wi-fi utility, am I right? Could you please confirm me that?
Anyway, in both cases, does the wi-fi card always plugged on the usb port interfere with the stand-by function?
Thank you very much in advance for these precious information!

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, just installed yosemite into my cube i7 stylus. Right off the bat touch doesn't work. That's fine for now. I read earlier in the forum that yosemite doesn't support HD5300. But how come my screen works then ? Does it mean that I won't be able to get the touch working if I don't update to El Capitan ? It's okay if I lose the touch capabillity for now though.

I have the official keyboard and it is working. But it was a bit of trouble as yosemite couldn't recognise it.

To me most important right now is to get internet. AFAIK ( after reading this thread ) is that wifi module isn't running off the bat, even after using El Capitan. We have to use something like the tp 725n to get the wifi working via the usb. Am I right ?

Update.

I was able to get touch working with the yosemite & clover build. I followed ahmed's youtube video.

I installed clover in the cube i7 styluse's ssd using clover.pkg. And then using clover configurator, I replaced the EFI folder from cube's ssd with Ahmed's working EFI folder. And I have touch up and running. Boots from ssd, no need for usb boot disk.

Haven't tested sound. Main priority is to get internet.

Last edited:
Hi
i installed yosemite 10.10.1 then i found it doesnt support our intel hd 5300 so i moved to install el capitan 10.11.2

I am using yosemite but I my graphics seems to be working alright. Or am I missing the point of not being supported ?

this is my patched dsdt
1=for working battery status u just need ACPIBatteryManager.kext installed to s\l\e
2= for sound u need
-CodecCommander.kext installed to /S/L/E:
https://github.com/RehabMan/EAPD-Codec-Commander

- AppleHDA_ALC283.kext installed to /S/L/E
then rebuild cache with this code

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
3= my dsdt has patched for i2c controllers to be detected

also i attached my config.plist of clover
it has injected gpu and patches and sound patches

Why does the AppleHDA ALC 283 is written 4 times ? Also, ( 3 of 4 ), (1 of 4)...what are these in the config.plist ?
Screen Shot 2016-08-11 at 22.00.42.png

this is my dsdt patched for battery and windows fix for touch to be detected and sound patches

and this is my config.plist contain gpu injection and sound patches
for sound you need
PHP:
ALC283 is the same as my Lenovo u430.  You can use AppleHDA_ALC283.kext in RehabMan  u430 repo...

https://github.com/RehabMan/Lenovo-U430-Touch-DSDT-Patch

Requirements:
- Clover bootloader
- config.plist must have the four AppleHDA patches
- AppleHDA.kext must be vanilla
- CodecCommander.kext installed to /S/L/E: https://github.com/RehabMan/EAPD-Codec-Commander
- AppleHDA_ALC283.kext installed to /S/L/E
- rebuild cache following the procedure
[CODE]
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

[/CODE]
- DSDT patches "IRQ Fix" and "Audio Layout 3"

for battery you need this kext in adddition to DSDT patches
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Battery-Driver

Got it. Will try this.

update:

Followed this method and got audio working. But no mic yet. I copied the codecCommander.kext from Rehabman's bitbucket and the ALC283.kext from another of his github repo ( both repos are in the
photo ).

Screen Shot 2016-08-12 at 22.03.03.png

I used kext wizard in my cube I7 to install the kexts to S/L/E and then copied them to EFI > Clover > kexts > other folder. And then I used kext Wizards below functions to get permission and rebuild cache.
Screen Shot 2016-08-12 at 22.08.16.png

Thats's it. It did give me this error though. Don't know why ! If I could get mic working I wouldn't complain at all. Hopefully will be able to get the usb wifi working as I have the official keyboard and the usb ports ( both of them ) work fine.
Screen Shot 2016-08-13 at 03.48.16.png

Here is me and my cat with the cube i7

Screen Shot 2016-08-12 at 17.57.06.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back