Contribute
Register

Postinstallation problems in my ProBook 4540

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi people

I´ve already installed Mountain Lion on my 4540 Laptop with ProBook 6.1.2.

I´ve got several problems...

- Keyboard doesn´t match special characters as @, ´ç . I´ve tried to configure the keyboard in system but doesn´t work either.
- Screen blinks a lot with images and videos. I´ve tried with Graphic glitch fix.
- There is no audio
- Screen saver is a white empty screen.

Thanks for your work¡¡

BTW, there is this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/77057-guide-installing-mountain-lion-hp-probook.html

It is a good idea to follow it exactly.

Thank you both¡¡

That's right, but not my point, he hasn't selected the screen patch and here comes the graphics problems.

I´ve selected this screen patch and then it didn´t boot anymore...
Captura de pantalla 2013-09-01 a la(s) 22.51.02.jpg
I´m installing it again. I´ll send the fresh log when finished.

Hi,

Here´s is my new install log...

View attachment install.log.zip

I have problems with the keyboard (characters over numbers, @ and so...) and problems with Facetime and PhotoBooth.
Video problems are solved and audio too.

Thank you very much

Hi,

Here´s is my new install log...

View attachment 66396

Comments:
- You installed graphic glitch fix. It is not needed with HD4000.
- I don't see where you ever installed a DSDT patch for screen type or fan behavior
- Why run the ProBook Installer so many times?

I have problems with the keyboard (characters over numbers, @ and so...)

Sounds like a problem with non-US keyboard layout. What keyboard do you have? For custom layouts you can look at SysPrefs->Keyboard->Input Sources. You can also create custom layouts using Ukelele.

and problems with Facetime and PhotoBooth.
Video problems are solved and audio too.

I'm surprised video is working at all for you given lack of screen type DSDT patch.
What kind of issues with Facetime and PhotoBooth?? (problems related to camera?)

Hi rehabman, you´re the soul of the 4540´s forum

Comments:
- I don't see where you ever installed a DSDT patch for screen type or fan behavior

How should I do this???

- Why run the ProBook Installer so many times?

I thought I did it only once...

Sounds like a problem with non-US keyboard layout. What keyboard do you have? For custom layouts you can look at SysPrefs->Keyboard->Input Sources.

Yes, this is a spanish keyboard. I tried SysPrefs->Keyboard->Input Sources and everything works the same.

You can also create custom layouts using Ukelele.

I would try this.

I'm surprised video is working at all for you given lack of screen type DSDT patch.
What kind of issues with Facetime and PhotoBooth?? (problems related to camera?)

Yes it is working perfectly, I think. And yes, problems with camera. The light of the cam brights but the program doesn`t work.

Thz u a lot Mr.

Hi rehabman, you´re the soul of the 4540´s forum

Hey thanks...

How should I do this???

You must have already done it, otherwise your screen would not work. I suspect your log does not include output from all of your runs of the ProBook Installer.

I thought I did it only once...

Eight (8) times in your log:

Code:
Aug 31 11:55:15 MacBook-Pro-de-Joaquin.local Installer[408]: HP ProBook Installer 6.1.2  Installation Log
Aug 31 12:15:40 localhost Installer[382]: HP ProBook Installer 6.1.2  Installation Log
Aug 31 13:01:02 localhost Installer[260]: HP ProBook Installer 6.1.2  Installation Log
Aug 31 14:32:15 localhost Installer[249]: HP ProBook Installer 6.1.2  Installation Log
Aug 31 20:02:05 localhost Installer[273]: HP ProBook Installer 6.1.2  Installation Log
Sep  1 10:25:54 localhost Installer[249]: HP ProBook Installer 6.1.2  Installation Log
Sep  1 10:31:23 localhost Installer[293]: HP ProBook Installer 6.1.2  Installation Log
Sep  1 13:06:05 localhost Installer[617]: HP ProBook Installer 6.1.2  Installation Log

Yes, this is a spanish keyboard. I tried SysPrefs->Keyboard->Input Sources and everything works the same.
I would try this.

There is two different spanish layouts (Spanish, and Spanish ISO)... But being english speaking in the US, I really have no knowledge of how that stuff is supposed to work.

Definitely checkout Ukelele...

I suspect your log does not include output from all of your runs of the ProBook Installer.

You´re right, as always..

I sent the old log file. It was on my profile of tonymacx86 and I made a mistake.
I´m sending the right one.
There is two different spanish layouts (Spanish, and Spanish ISO)... But being english speaking in the US, I really have no knowledge of how that stuff is supposed to work.

Definitely checkout Ukelele...

I´m working on that.

I have still the problem with the camera in Facetime and PhotoBooth....

Thz u man

Attachments

• install.log.zip
    29.1 KB · Views: 81
You´re right, as always..

I sent the old log file. It was on my profile of tonymacx86 and I made a mistake.
I´m sending the right one.

I´m working on that.

I have still the problem with the camera in Facetime and PhotoBooth....

Thz u man

This log looks fine to me, the only suspicious thing is the output, generated by the EDID generator, it seem it hasn't detected your internal display correctly or hasn't detected it at all. What did you see, when you go to About This Mac / More info / Displays?

Edit: Oh, and one more question: do you have any external display, attached to the ProBook and was it connected last time, when you ran the Installer?

This log looks fine to me, the only suspicious thing is the output, generated by the EDID generator, it seem it hasn't detected your internal display correctly or hasn't detected it at all. What did you see, when you go to About This Mac / More info / Displays?

Captura de pantalla 2013-09-05 a la(s) 22.51.30.png

Edit: Oh, and one more question: do you have any external display, attached to the ProBook and was it connected last time, when you ran the Installer?

No I haven´t..

Thz u for your time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back