Contribute
Register

Postinstallation problems in my ProBook 4540

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could always apply DSDT patches one at a time in an attempt to determine what patch causes it (USB patches?)

How could I do this? Should I reinstall and try each patch separately?

Then you have other issues with your install (AppleHDA not patched after recent system upgrade?). Try running ProBook Installer 6.1.6 and select only "OS X support kexts" for your configuration. Post compressed /var/log/install.log if it still doesn't work.

So, I have to reinstall??

Thz u

How could I do this? Should I reinstall and try each patch separately?

Boot with DSDT=Null. That gets you a native DSDT from MaciASL. Now you can use my patch repo and apply individual patches from the various text files appropriate for your model. You will probably want to read up on it a bit.

So, I have to reinstall??

Read what I wrote (again). That is not what I said. I said run the ProBook Installer...

Ok rehab, I will do this. You are a great help and I am very grateful.

Thz u very much!!

Ok rehab, I will do this. You are a great help and I am very grateful.

Thz u very much!!

Good luck... it will probably take some learning on your part with MaciASL, but hopefully you get it figured out. The first patches I would eliminate would be the USB (EHCI) patches since those are directly related to USB.

Only you have the hardware (with this issue) to experiment with...

Hi Rehabman, master!!

Try running ProBook Installer 6.1.6 and select only "OS X support kexts" for your configuration. Post compressed /var/log/install.log if it still doesn't work.

I think I got it. It's DSDT Generator/patcher ProBook Model 4x40 Ivy what makes the cam for FaceTime to stop working. The cam for Photo Booth doesn't work either without that patch. Anyway, that patch makes the resolution of the screen grows to 1366 x 768.

How could I get the cam working?? Is it possible to have a good screen resolution and the cam working, even with Photo Booth??

Thx u very much!!

I think I got it. It's DSDT Generator/patcher ProBook Model 4x40 Ivy what makes the cam for FaceTime to stop working. The cam for Photo Booth doesn't work either without that patch. Anyway, that patch makes the resolution of the screen grows to 1366 x 768.

There are more than 120 different DSDT patches in the ProBook DSDT patches. The idea proposed in post #64 was to figure out which one (like I suggested maybe start eliminating with the USB patches) is causing your issue with the camera.

Running the Probook Installer and not patching your DSDT is the same as booting with DSDT=Null.

How could I get the cam working?? Is it possible to have a good screen resolution and the cam working, even with Photo Booth??

There is no clear indication that your camera issue has anything to do with screen resolution, because like I said above, you are simply doing the same thing now as booting DSDT=Null.

Hi rehabman,

Thz you for your patience.
I have reviewed the forums about this issue and it seems ProBook Installer doesn't work as fine as for 4530's, being many people with 4540's (all of them?) having the same problem with the camera.
As I'm a complete newbe in hackintosh development, I think I'll wait a while until some experienced mate find out the solution.

Thz u Rehabman!!

Hi rehabman,

Thz you for your patience.
I have reviewed the forums about this issue and it seems ProBook Installer doesn't work as fine as for 4530's, being many people with 4540's (all of them?) having the same problem with the camera.
As I'm a complete newbe in hackintosh development, I think I'll wait a while until some experienced mate find out the solution.

Thz u Rehabman!!

The ProBook Installer has no software for the camera, either on the 4x30s or 4x40s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back