Motherboard
Asrock z270m Pro4
CPU
i7 7700k
Graphics
Rx 470 Shappire nitro + 4gb
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I have my Hackintosh running, all works ok, but the problem is that the photos app makes my system freeze when I open-it,
And the mouse cursor moves, if I had some music playings, it keeps, but the screen y freeze for about 5 second then is ok vos 3 seconds and again freeze for 5 second, all this in a continuos loop. I have to restart the system manually and when logging again have to close de app immediately avoiding the freeze loop.

My system is a Asrock z270m Pro, i7 7700k, corsair LPX 3000 Mhz 16 Gb, RX 470, and Kingston 240 gb SSD. Im on High Sierra 10.13.4

This is make goes crazy, be cause I had all my iPhone library in iCloud and can't access from my hack without having this problem

@germant52, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard (Mobo), CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

@germant52, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard (Mobo), CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.

Sorry, you know what is the problem on my system? I figured out is when Photos apps start to synchronized with iCloud and the process of converting pictures and all that make the system freeze in that constantly loop

I think I got it work, I start in Safe Mode and let the photos app to download and analize the liibrary (in safe mode I don't get the freeze loop, the app works ok) when it finish and download all 400+ pics and videos, restart in normal boot and the app is working ok, the if I update the library with some pics it goes normal, I think it has something to do with analizas big libraries.

So I have my Hackintosh running, all works ok, but the problem is that the photos app makes my system freeze when I open-it,
And the mouse cursor moves, if I had some music playings, it keeps, but the screen y freeze for about 5 second then is ok vos 3 seconds and again freeze for 5 second, all this in a continuos loop. I have to restart the system manually and when logging again have to close de app immediately avoiding the freeze loop.

My system is a Asrock z270m Pro, i7 7700k, corsair LPX 3000 Mhz 16 Gb, RX 470, and Kingston 240 gb SSD. Im on High Sierra 10.13.4

This is make goes crazy, be cause I had all my iPhone library in iCloud and can't access from my hack without having this problem

I have the exact same problem! Booting in safe mode and letting Photos do it's thing doesn't help though. Just a few seconds after I open Photos during the normal state it goes back to hanging for 5 seconds and then working for 3 seconds...

One thing I did early on that helped was deleting my photos library, then having Photos download it again from iCloud. After that it worked fine for about two weeks and now it's back to square one.

Any new updated on that particular problem? I am running out of ideas.

I also have the exact same problem. I deleted the entire library and downloaded it again, I have 25K+ photos, so it is quite a big library. After I downloaded all the photos, everything worked like a charm, but only until the time I restarted. I have no idea how to fix it. It is pretty annoying.
To be precise, I use iMac 14,2 system definition and High Sierra 10.13.6. My photo library is on HFS+ Fusion Drive (128GB/1TB).

I also have the exact same problem. I deleted the entire library and downloaded it again, I have 25K+ photos, so it is quite a big library. After I downloaded all the photos, everything worked like a charm, but only until the time I restarted. I have no idea how to fix it. It is pretty annoying.
To be precise, I use iMac 14,2 system definition and High Sierra 10.13.6. My photo library is on HFS+ Fusion Drive (128GB/1TB).
Same thing here. Still no solution. I have 42k photos and it works great on my iPhone and MacBook.

Last edited:
I also have the same problem... It works perfectly on the iPad, but my Hackintosh keeps freezing, no matter what I'm doing. :/

Same issue here. I didnt have the problem when I was on my GTX 1060, but with my Sapphire RX 580 Pulse it has this issue.

Mine eventually freezes all open windows and menus, but the mouse cursor still moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back