Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

1) I had to add ApfsDriverLoader.efi driver, without it OC wasn't detecting my MacOS drive. Do you know if I need to keep it or the way how to boot without it?

You must have been on a very old version of macOS...

Go to config.plist > UEFI > APFS and set:

MinDate = "-1" (without the quotes)
MinVersion = "-1" (without the quotes)

You must have been on a very old version of macOS...

Go to config.plist > UEFI > APFS and set:

MinDate = "-1" (without the quotes)
MinVersion = "-1" (without the quotes)
I'm running Catalina 10.15.7

Use the latest EFI from post #1. Don't change anything except add Serial, Board Serial, and UUID to config.plist. Clear NVRAM at OpenCore boot picker on first boot.
Thank you

Try changing MinDate and MinVersion to -1 and see if it works without ApfsDriverLoader.
Alright, that helped! thank you!
Before OC boots I'm getting "ocs no schema for legacyenable at 2 index, context (NVRAM)!", do I need to do anything about it?

Alright, that helped! thank you!
Before OC boots I'm getting "ocs no schema for legacyenable at 2 index, context (NVRAM)!", do I need to do anything about it?

Open your config.plist with either a plist editor or TextEdit. Search for the line that contains "LegacyEnable" and delete the entire line.

I was able to boot with 6800xt installed, I had to enable CSM for that, without it computer wasn't booting.
I wonder if there is a way to display GPU temperature\frequency in macOS, I remember I've used fakeSMC for my Vega56, do you know any other way?

Also, I remember that with Clover I had to change from 18.3 to 18.1 when I've removed my dGPU, do I need to do the same with OpenCore? macOS identified it as iMac (21.5-inch, 2017) now, I wonder if I need to change that? The reason why I ask is that with 18,1 macOS identifies my CPU correctly as 6-core i7, but with 18,3 it appears as 6-core i5. Do I need to be concerned about that? In Catalina it was i7 in both SMBIOS versions.

And the last question, it takes forever too boot macOS, a minute or so, during this wait time I see that the hard drive is used a lot, so I am guessing that it is actually doing something, however my Clover Catalina was booting within 15 seconds or so. (Disregard this, I found the reason, and that there is no solution)

As usual, a huge thanks for your help. This hack brings me a lot of joy, and that is all possible because of your help Chef!

Last edited:
I was able to boot with 6800xt installed, I had to enable CSM for that, without it computer wasn't booting.
I wonder if there is a way to display GPU temperature\frequency in macOS, I remember I've used fakeSMC for my Vega56, do you know any other way?

Also, I remember that with Clover I had to change from 18.3 to 18.1 when I've removed my dGPU, do I need to do the same with OpenCore? macOS identified it as iMac (21.5-inch, 2017) now, I wonder if I need to change that? The reason why I ask is that with 18,1 macOS identifies my CPU correctly as 6-core i7, but with 18,3 it appears as 6-core i5. Do I need to be concerned about that? In Catalina it was i7 in both SMBIOS versions.

And the last question, it takes forever too boot macOS, a minute or so, during this wait time I see that the hard drive is used a lot, so I am guessing that it is actually doing something, however my Clover Catalina was booting within 15 seconds or so. (Disregard this, I found the reason, and that there is no solution)

As usual, a huge thanks for your help. This hack brings me a lot of joy, and that is all possible because of your help Chef!

Try adding the following kext for Radeon sensors.

Thanks!
I found an interesting thing, when I tried to use 18,1 iMacPro1,1, 19,1 with either automatically selected ProcessorType (which incorrectly identifies 8700K) in config or with value 0 (which correctly identifies 8700K) and 18,3 with value 0 my R23 cinebench score was 7700-8300 depending on the SMBIOS. But when I used 18,3 with automatic ProcessorType selection my score is 8800-8900, which is normal for stock 8700K.

Thanks!
I found an interesting thing, when I tried to use 18,1 iMacPro1,1, 19,1 with either automatically selected ProcessorType (which incorrectly identifies 8700K) in config or with value 0 (which correctly identifies 8700K) and 18,3 with value 0 my R23 cinebench score was 7700-8300 depending on the SMBIOS. But when I used 18,3 with automatic ProcessorType selection my score is 8800-8900, which is normal for stock 8700K.

I don't know. I have never messed with processor type. My CPUs have always been properly detected.

Back