Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

The basic question is - what do you do with it? If it's just for fileshare, then there's absolutely no reason to upgrade; most of us are still stuck on 1GB Ethernet, and the HDD speeds aren't going to get that much faster, hence zero reason to upgrade. DSM whatever, honestly, just doesn't matter - it's not as if you have to work in it and stare at it every day. Save your $ without a reason...

Both of my Synoglogy NASs are end of life on version mDSM 5.2 OS. So, I'll have to investigate on their forum if that's going to be a problem.
The basic question is - what do you do with it? If it's just for fileshare, then there's absolutely no reason to upgrade; most of us are still stuck on 1GB Ethernet, and the HDD speeds aren't going to get that much faster, hence zero reason to upgrade. DSM whatever, honestly, just doesn't matter - it's not as if you have to work in it and stare at it every day. Save your $ without a reason...

Agree 100%. If you are just using for file sharing, there's no need to worry or upgrade. I would just keep using them until the units themselves fail.

Hi, Pastry Chef! Hope you are doing fine.

I know we don't have the same board, yet. You've been so helpful a lot of times. My Asrock z-370 is now on OC, and I've installed Big Sur, too, following Dortania's method. The problem I have is 2 of my Internal HDD'S that were normally recognized as Internal are now recognized as external. These are 2 4TB drives which are part of my media Raid. Even in Disk Utility, they now come up as such.

Hi Pastry Chef Hope you are doing fine.

I know we don't have the same board, yet. You've been so helpful a lot of times. My Asrock z-370 is now on OC, and I've installed Big Sur, too, following Dortania's method. The problem I have is 2 of my Internal HDD'S that were normally recognized as Internal are now recognized as external. These are 2 4TB drives which are part of my media Raid. Even in Disk Utility, they now come up as such.

I've never seen that happen. Please post your EFI.

There you go. For the install I had CtlnaAHCIPort.kext. But I just removed it to see if it would change things.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    32.7 MB · Views: 28
There you go. For the install I had CtlnaAHCIPort.kext. But I just removed it to see if it would change things.
Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 1.45.03 PM.png

Last four OpenCore debug...

Attachments

• opencore-2022-08-08-161828.txt
    256 KB · Views: 16
  • opencore-2022-08-08-171051.txt
    256 KB · Views: 14
  • opencore-2022-08-08-164815.txt
    256 KB · Views: 25
  • opencore-2022-08-08-162329.txt
    256 KB · Views: 17

Try disabling the following kexts:
NVMeFix.kext
XHCI-unsupported.kext
SATA-200-series-unsupported.kext

Fix your USB and disable USBInjectAll.kext.

You can also try disabling SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml.

Hey thanks for the quick answer

By disabling do you just mean make them false in the config.plist file or removing them also? (

I know I have to do the port mapping but that's always been daunting to me and I never could quite get that right....don't know it the way to do it has changed or evolved since a year or two ago but will give it a try.

Oh btw is it still ok to mount the EFI partition with clover configurator? I know not to the touche the list file wit it yet it sill fin that more convenient for mounting EFI than the EFI Monter scripts....

Hey thanks for the quick answer

By disabling do you just mean make them false in the config.plist file or removing them also? (

I know I have to do the port mapping but that's always been daunting to me and I never could quite get that right....don't know it the way to do it has changed or evolved since a year or two ago but will give it a try.

Oh btw is it still ok to mount the EFI partition with clover configurator? I know not to the touche the list file wit it yet it sill fin that more convenient for mounting EFI than the EFI Monter scripts....

You can disable the kexts from the config.plist. If everything works fine, you can delete the kexts themselves afterwards.

Check the USB port mapping guide.

No. Use OpenCore Configurator for OpenCore config.plists.

Back