Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Yes. Make sure you can boot with OpenCore first, then I would update to the latest Monterey first since older versions of macOS don't support the 6000-series cards. Install the 6800 XT after updating.

Also add the boot-arg, "agdpmod=pikera" (without the quotes).
Thanks!

Surely I faced some issues. I'm getting this: OC configuration requires vault but no vault provided.
Solution from the Internet is to change Vault to optional, but I cannot find it in my config. Do you know how to approach that?

Please ignore what is above. I replaced config file with my Clover config and was wondering why nothing work. However, when I put config file from your OpenCore folder, I was able to boot into OpenCore, but it didn't see current macOS, only Windows 10.

I figured how to edit OC config file, but I don't quite get where should I add agdpmod=pikera argument..

Thanks!

Last edited:
Surely I faced some issues. I'm getting this: OC configuration requires vault but no vault provided.
Solution from the Internet is to change Vault to optional, but I cannot find it in my config. Do you know how to approach that?

Please ignore what is above. I replaced config file with my Clover config and was wondering why nothing work. However, when I put config file from your OpenCore folder, I was able to boot into OpenCore, but it didn't see current macOS, only Windows 10.

I figured how to edit OC config file, but I don't quite get where should I add agdpmod=pikera argument..

Thanks!

Open the config.plist with OpenCore Configurator and go to:

config.plist > NVRAM > 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 > boot-args

Then add "agdpmod=pikera" to the end.

It shows this message at boot screen.How to fix it
微信图片_20220805181614.jpg

I did what you said,but it doesn't work

Use the latest EFI from post #1. Don't change anything except add Serial, Board Serial, and UUID to config.plist. Clear NVRAM at OpenCore boot picker on first boot.

Oh finally I was able to boot with OC. A couple of notes and questions.
1) I had to add ApfsDriverLoader.efi driver, without it OC wasn't detecting my MacOS drive. Do you know if I need to keep it or the way how to boot without it?
2) I had a hard time booting because in SMBIOS I was indicating that this is Mac18,1 and when I was doing this it was rebooting on the boot. Once I left Mac1,1 and just included my serial numbers and Mac address all worked.

Back