Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Always around 50C. Is the a way to check iGPU with newest version of opencore. I tried to change BIOS to force iGPU, but it won’t boot.

Setting IGPU to "primary" in BIOS and pulling the RX 580 should be enough.

Remember to also set DVMT prealloc to 64MB or higher in BIOS.

Setting IGPU to "primary" in BIOS and pulling the RX 580 should be enough.

Remember to also set DVMT prealloc to 64MB or higher in BIOS.
Awesome. I'm testing iGPU since friday and zero issues (besides poor graphic performance). I assume that I need to replace my GPU. Any recommendations?

Awesome. I'm testing iGPU since friday and zero issues (besides poor graphic performance). I assume that I need to replace my GPU. Any recommendations?

If you don't care about running older versions of macOS, I would just go with an AMD RX 6000-series card. I have a 6600 XT and am very happy with its performance. 6800, 6900, and their "XT" variants are also compatible. 6700 is not compatible.

Monterey 12.5 works fine... OC81 still. Will update to OC82 in a bit here with OCAT. OC82 works fine too.

Last edited:
I use your EFI to install macOS, but it's stuck here. How to resolve this error?
微信图片_20220723191159.jpg

I use your EFI to install macOS, but it's stuck here. How to resolve this error?

You need to re-do the USB port mapping for your motherboard.

Only a few minutes to check and poke around, but at least bootup and such works fine with OC83.

OpenCore EFI updated to version 0.8.3.

AppleALC, Lilu, and WhateverGreen also updated to latest release version.

Hey Chef! I got myself 6800xt and is the time to update to Monterey... What should I do for that, replace clover with latest opencore folder and run an update?

Hey Chef! I got myself 6800xt and is the time to update to Monterey... What should I do for that, replace clover with latest opencore folder and run an update?

Yes. Make sure you can boot with OpenCore first, then I would update to the latest Monterey first since older versions of macOS don't support the 6000-series cards. Install the 6800 XT after updating.

Also add the boot-arg, "agdpmod=pikera" (without the quotes).

Back