Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I have the Z87N-WIFI motherboard, 760 GTX and i7 4771.
I wanted to ask you guys something. For you everything is working perfect on this motherboard?
Can you tell me what option you used in bios and also what else you did.
At home i have the h77n-wifi and everything works perfect.
For work i bought this motherboard because i saw it in buyer`s guide.
But i have some little problems.
One, when i boot with the monitor on display port or hdmi i have no signal at login.
Before login is ok. And if i take cable out and put in back or change to other source and then come back, it works.
On dvi i don`t have any problems.
And also one big problem is that the sleep does not work. It goes to sleep 1 sec and then starts by itself. In system log says something about reason XHC...about the usb.
Other little problems is like sometimes the keyboard on usb not working at login..i have to take out usb and put it back on.
Also sometimes after trying to go sleep i have no sound..and have to restart.

I would be very thankful for some hints.
Thank you.

have a motherboard GA-Z87X-D3H update went smooth but after applying sound patch with multibeast 6.2.3 the sound now goes when it comes out of sleep mode. I looked through the site and applies sound patch with multibeast 6.1 and all is good again.

Article: OS X 10.9.3 Update

Fix to 10.9.3 + Newer Nvidia Cards only returning black screen (e.g. 780ti):

Problem: Updated to 10.9.3 and still get black screens no matter which boot flags you enter. Assuming you already had the nvidia web driver installed (http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...ate-graphics-drivers-10-9-3-334-01-01f01.html) but could not update while still being on 10.9.2.

Solution:

1. In bootloader enter: -s
  2. wait until it says ":/root" and you can enter commands
    (if it complains to wait for geforce sensors or something, give it a few extra time)
  3. enter: mount -uw / and hit enter
  4. enter: cd /System/Library/Extensions and hit enter
  5. enter: mv NV* / and hit enter
  6. enter: exit
  7. Reboot
  8. In bootloader enter: nvda_drv=0
    (we want to overwrite anything contrary you may have entered in your boot.cfg)
  9. You should now be in mavericks again but with a ****ty resolution because the gfx driver is not running
  10. Go to nvidia control panel and update to 334.01.01f01 which you couldn't do before 10.9.3.
    It will also whine about old cuda drivers, so go ahead and also update those.

My config:

Geforce 780ti
Gigabyte-UD5H
Monitor attached via display port and working like a charm.

Hope this helps!

Problem:

After sleep audio is gone.

After restart audio comes again.

Audio in question: Realtek ALC892 Audio Codec

Installed update.

Twice installed the audio per Multibeast.

The secondd time after Stork.

No luck. ..

Ohh and it is the "wrong output" that works ...namely "internal speakers" ...which is not true.

I am connected to Line Out.

Works like a charm in my HP HDX18 1180ES (except for Wifi as there's not kext available for the card). Just updated via combo update dmg and nothing else as i'm using voodoo for the sound. Great!!!

When you say you connected the Thunderbolt cable, what do you mean? You connected it to the internal graphics? And to no monitor?

I connected my Hackintosh to the LG 34UM95 using a Thunderbolt connection. No picture whilst using this connection but when I plugged the display port cable in after computer booted to desktop, full 60Hz via display port.

However this now appears to be intermittent, sometimes display port will work and others not. Really strange how the signal from the display port works sometimes. Would love to find a permanent fix.

I know nothing about kernel development, but one thing I wish is that there was a more connected developer community for this stuff. I don't really know where to get started.

I downloaded the 10.9.2 source for IOGraphics, IOKit, etc., but Apple has yet to release the source for 10.9.3 so it's not particularly helpful. Any active developers willing to enlighten me on some of this, please feel free, although the rules here don't seem particularly conducive to openness.

Fix to 10.9.3 + Newer Nvidia Cards only returning black screen (e.g. 780ti):

Problem: Updated to 10.9.3 and still get black screens no matter which boot flags you enter. Assuming you already had the nvidia web driver installed (http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...ate-graphics-drivers-10-9-3-334-01-01f01.html) but could not update while still being on 10.9.2.

Solution:

1. In bootloader enter: -s
  2. wait until it says ":/root" and you can enter commands
    (if it complains to wait for geforce sensors or something, give it a few extra time)
  3. enter: mount -uw / and hit enter
  4. enter: cd /System/Library/Extensions and hit enter
  5. enter: mv NV* / and hit enter
  6. enter: exit
  7. Reboot
  8. In bootloader enter: nvda_drv=0
    (we want to overwrite anything contrary you may have entered in your boot.cfg)
  9. You should now be in mavericks again but with a ****ty resolution because the gfx driver is not running
  10. Go to nvidia control panel and update to 334.01.01f01 which you couldn't do before 10.9.3.
    It will also whine about old cuda drivers, so go ahead and also update those.

My config:

Geforce 780ti
Gigabyte-UD5H
Monitor attached via display port and working like a charm.

Hope this helps!

What if you did not have the web drivers installed in 10.9.2? I've always just used default osx drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back