Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hang at Apple screen now after updating and running multibeast again. I ran it in Verbose and the attached picture is where it hangs. Thoughts?

ordered bytes driver?
2014-05-24 14.19.31.jpg

Attachments

• 2014-05-24 14.54.24.jpg
    2014-05-24 14.54.24.jpg
    802.6 KB · Views: 133
Article: OS X 10.9.3 Update

GTX 660 + Dell UP2414Q 4K monitor=> Still no luck for me. The monitor is not recognized in MST (DP1.2) mode, so no 60Hz in 1920x1080 HiDPI, alas.

I got my GTX 660 to work with my ASUS PB278 monitor at 2560x1440 using display port by simply turning off the built in intel video in the bios of my Gigabyte GA-Z87N-WIFI motherboard. The problem I was having was the monitor would immediately go to sleep at boot up.

Install went without a hitch for my Z87X-UD5 TH.

In my case it appears my modified IO80211Family.kext remained unscathed, since my on-board wifi is still functional!

The only thing I notice is that when I go to 'About this Mac' and click on 'System Report', the window comes up in a laggy manner...

Just updated one of my other systems (GA-Z87MX-D3H, 4670K, EVGA GTX570 HD SC, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz) and install went butter smooth. Of course had to reinstall audio afterwards.. also no jerky animations when selecting 'About this Mac' > 'More Info', so hopefully is was a fluke occurance with the other system..

Still can't get my monitor to not go to sleep at the login screen with my z87n-WIfi mobo and GTX770 Supercocked.. After i installed 10.9.3 i was able to boot into the system fine... and I updated my Nvidia drivers as well. I was even able to reboot several times with no issues.. but If i unplug the system's AC cord and HDMI cable and reboot it goes back to no video at login screen. I've only been able to boot into the OS one more time since my original install...

Confirmed Stork's instructions work: need to use FileNVRAM 1.1.3 and Chimera 3.0.1. iMessage works as expected with those.

Update: after a few days having iMessage working on 3 of my CustoMacs, it stopped working on 2 of them. Just to clarify, I have made no changes or installed anything after getting iMessage work with FileNVRAM 1.1.3 and Chimera 3.0.1. Just one day when I turned on the rigs, iMessage prompted me for the ID and password and displayed the "An error occurred during activation" message. I still have one CustoMac that works with iMessage, however I expect to stop doing that anytime now, based on the experience with the other 2 machines.

As a note, FaceTime works as expected on all rigs.

How about iMessage fix?

Have you tried the suggestions found here?

The fix that worked for me was to generate an Apple serial number. Now, iMessage works like a champ.

Combo update no problem no drivers reinstall just repair disk permission before and after update...

I have A Ga-Z87X-D3H MB using graphics and sound from the MB. I recently upgraded to 10.9.3. After upgrading using Stork's guide, I restored my sound with the latest MultiBeast 6.2.3. Everything seemed to work fine. Until i played a movie or a youtube documentary, the sound disappeared all of a sudden, after rebooting the sound came back. I read through your forum and found that by using an old Multibeast 6.1 the sound was working again. Can someone look into this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back