Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.9.3 Update

Why do all you guys with Z77 H77 Z87 H87 Gigabyte Boards don't use Ozmosis? It makes things so much easier.
How to add boot options with an ozmosi bios such as :

Code:
	<key>Arguments</key>
	<string>-v dart=0 nvda_drv=1 UseKernelCache=Yes</string>

?

Have you tried the suggestions found here?

The fix that worked for me was to generate an Apple serial number. Now, iMessage works like a champ.

See below. I hope you won't encounter the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by cacamaca View Post

Confirmed Stork's instructions work: need to use FileNVRAM 1.1.3 and Chimera 3.0.1. iMessage works as expected with those.
Update: after a few days having iMessage working on 3 of my CustoMacs, it stopped working on 2 of them. Just to clarify, I have made no changes or installed anything after getting iMessage work with FileNVRAM 1.1.3 and Chimera 3.0.1. Just one day when I turned on the rigs, iMessage prompted me for the ID and password and displayed the "An error occurred during activation" message. I still have one CustoMac that works with iMessage, however I expect to stop doing that anytime now, based on the experience with the other 2 machines.

As a note, FaceTime works as expected on all rigs.

You add them into NVRAM:

sudo nvram 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82:boot-args="-v dart=0 nvda_drv=1 UseKernelCache=Yes"

Also you can just (like with a real mac) hold cmd+v (or win+v if you're using a win keyboard) while booting for verbose mode. same works with cmd+x and the other options.

If you can't set those options because OSX won't boot, you can set them with ozmosis shell. But from the PCs I set up with ozmosis and the other guys from the community I doubt you'll ever need to set any boot options (except dart=0, if you don't want to disable vt-d in your BIOS). So far I know about 10 machines running with ozmosis with onBoard graphics, nvidia and amd and noone needed boot parameters for those to work.

Any one know if there is still an issue with loss of audio after wake from sleep?
Or should we still be rolling back to earlier multibeast audio drivers?

(issue appears to only be affecting people with certain gigabyte motherboards, including me)

Hi,
yes I have the same exact problem. Any fix?

Andrea

I couldnt boot after installing the update
Using Radeon 6700

I had to get into safe mode + use the PCI flags to get into the desktop
Then copy my extensions folder from backup and replace existing

Then fix permissions from terminal - reboot, booyeah.

:clap:

noticed zero difference to system.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-27 at 9.41.55 am.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-27 at 9.41.55 am.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 83
I was able to finally get past my display going to sleep upon initial log in by using PCIRootUID=1 rather than PCIRootUID=0.

Gigabyte UD4H
i7 4770k
EVGA GTX780 SC

iMessage works fine for me.

Everything works fine with App Store update on my two systems drives, one of which is using graphics enabler YES (required in my case for 10.9.2) and one of which is using graphics enabler NO (that system was left on 10.9.1 previously, which, like all earlier installs, did not need graphics enabler).

For reference:

X58A-UD3-R v2
5770 single slot
L5639 6-core cpu OC'd to 3.8 Ghz
12GB RAM

Updated just fine following Stork's instructions. All went well but now every time my computer goes to sleep - upon waking up my audio is dead. I have to re-install audio drive from Multibeast (ALC898 DSDT Free) and reboot to get audio back....

UPDATE: I just used the latest Multibeast to install the new bootloader and ALC898 audio driver (DSDT/DSDT free has been removed - see the blog post on the main page about the Multibeast 6.3 update and READ IT). After installing the new audio driver and the new bootloader I rebooted and repaired perms. All seems to be going fine now. Just woke the computer from sleep and audio is working.

UPDATE AGAIN: I just woke my computer up from sleeping overnight and sound is gone. Put to sleep and then woke back up again and sound is back. Same symptoms I was having before. :banghead:

Anyone have a fix on this yet??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back