Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those having issues with screen going off at login screen, the solution given here was to change system definition to the latest iMac.
It worked very fine for me on a 660 in triple screen!

Updated successfully and can boot into 10.9.3 after downloading the latest Multibeast and re-applying the kexts (Had to use Safe Mode initially since it would get stuck on a Bluetooth error). But now, my Hackintosh only shows 7 MB of VRAM where last time I had 1024 MB before the update. Any ideas???

Article: OS X 10.9.3 Update

For those having issues with screen going off at login screen, the solution given here was to change system definition to the latest iMac.
It worked very fine for me on a 660 in triple screen!

I have used MultiBeast several times to change system definition. The extra folder shows it updated smbios.plist from Mac 3.1 to iMac 14.2 but after reboot system profile stays the same. Any ideas how to change as my screen going off at login is still hit or miss.

Thanks

Did you install your boot loader and /Extra folder on your EFI partition (I had to do this for my rig since it is built with an Asus Maximus VI Extreme)?

If so, you need to mount the EFI partition and copy the updated file there for the changes to be visible.

Did you install your boot loader and /Extra folder on your EFI partition (I had to do this for my rig since it is built with an Asus Maximus VI Extreme)?

If so, you need to mount the EFI partition and copy the updated file there for the changes to be visible.

Don't remember installing on the EFI partition so I mounted them and didn't find ether a boot loader or /Extra folder.

Don't remember installing on the EFI partition so I mounted them and didn't find ether a boot loader or /Extra folder.

Do you still have your USB Uniboot install drive attached? If so, maybe your system is still trying to use it as the boot loader and thus loading the old system identifier.

Woo-hoo! OS X 10.9.3 has turned my Samsung U28D590 into a retina display!

On the down side, I'm getting some occasional flickering at that res, but I can live with that.

I'm using the app store "Display Menu", which I recommend to anyone wanting to experiment with different resolutions.

The screen looks fantastic at 2560x1440 (pixel doubled mode).

Thats why I bought this monitor, yet can only get 1920x1080 with my iMac and GeForce GTX 780M, I also use Display menu but retina resolutions are not on the list. Any suggestions.
Thanks

Once I updated I couldn't boot anymore, I got always stuck at some sound assertion message on boot screen, tried to boot while ignoring cache and got kernel panic at boot screen, so booted into Lion and repaired permissions on mavericks HD, but it didn't help, then reinstalled audio kext from multibeast, still it didn't help, so went ahead and completely reinstalled multibeast 6.1 from lion onto mavericks, and chose imac definition 14.2, after that I could successfully boot into mavericks.
Before my definition was mac pro 6, my guess is, that it might somehow got messed up after update, I got that definition from kext wizard long time ago, so I guess it was a definition problem.
Maybe this will help someone with similar problem.
No problems at all after that, sound works after sleep, but as I've said I'm using multibeast 6.1.

very smooth update . z77 ds3h only needed to reinstall 888 current realteck driver again. repaired permissions and all works .
only other thing that was needed was to physically reinstall some devices (namely internal usb card reader device ) as it gives the error 0x0 boot messages but still boots

solution . unplug it >reboot >plug back in - fixed on next reboot does not give error messages no more

What audio driver did you use? I cant get the audio working, it just makes noise...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back